UnevenEdge

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is apparently Horrible

mochi

or so say all the reviews

complaints range from that the game is extremely sexist and clichee to that the character designs are all extremely cookie cutter and fanservicey

this Clip supports those complains, as this scene plays out like a "comedy" scene in a Bad Harem anime

the fact that the game went in this direction is kinda disappointing because none of the Previous Xenoseries games went THIS far into generic fanservice territory

true each game did have a bit of fanservice but the games balanced it in a way that made it at the very least tollerable whereas I'm hearing this game just BEATS THE PLAYER TO DEATH with giant tits and Harem anime clichee's

13 minutes ago, scope said:

Yeah but no one ever really gave a shit about the story in these games and a ton of other JRPGs have these elements, don't see why anyone would be surprised.

I think they're mostly surprised because the Previous games tried to avoid being too heavy handed with these elements

they were present but they didn't encompass the ENTIRE plot of the game the way XC2's fanservice does

1 minute ago, mochi said:

I think they're mostly surprised because the Previous games tried to avoid being too heavy handed with these elements

they were present but they didn't encompass the ENTIRE plot of the game the way XC2's fanservice does

I played the last one and haven't played this one but have seen some of the stuff you're talking about.

I guess my point is the gameplay was everything in the last one, the story was really bad, so icky fan service or no it wouldn't really matter to me.

I've actually never played either Xenoblade game but I watched an LP of the first one and I found the minimal fanservice it had to actually be quite tasteful

not to mention by way of each character INCLUDING the Men having optional sexy fanservice costumes, it was equal in it's fanservice and wasn't purely the girls being objectified, nor did the game ever really draw attention to the fanservice in any substantial way because it wasn't important to the plot

I've heard Xenoblade Chronicles X was more heavy handed with it's fanservice but still focused more on it's actual plot more than it did on being sexy,

but with XC2 they apparently went full on Sword Art Online character designs and bad Harem anime comedy

Oh no. Big boobs. The horror! I suddenly think less of women because I saw one with an F cup!

But seriously, the game is fine. A few AI problems and cheap deaths from enemies several levels higher than you joining in fights from out of no where, but it's a good game overall. The only people outraged with the character designs are people with no actual problems to worry about.

Edited by Greeny
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, mochi said:

She wandered into the boys' bedroom in the middle of the night after transforming and woke up in Rex's bed. The didn't sleep together like the title of the video suggests. Don't see how this is in any way fan-service.

"they didn't encompass the ENTIRE plot of the game the way XC2's fanservice does" As someone who is deep into the game, the plot doesn't revolve around the fan-service at all. Play the game before you make assumptions about it. 

• Like 1