UnevenEdge

I've been so busy this week

mochi

But when did Netflix grab it? Wasn't it during S2 when it was already established  as  a huge hit?

Funimation and Crunchyroll currently have the streaming rights.  I don't know when exactly Netflix grabbed it, but apparently their deal is not yet active.  All I Know is that Demarco flat out stated that "Netflix always goes for any anime they think Toonami has a SMALL chance of grabbing, and they offer higher bids so they get them first", in response to someone specifically mentioning MHA.

If anything I'd say FT is more popular in the US.

The thing fucking Toonami right now is that Demarco is unable to grasp the concept between something that's super popular in Japan, and something that the US actually likes. Japan likes TG. We don't. Japan still loves Gundam. The US sure doesn't.

Japan wasn't big on Elfen lied or Trigun. The US loved that stuff. Japan hated the second season of Rosario Vampire so much it killed the franchise. US loved it.

Fairytail had US hit written all over it, Demarco just plain blew it on that and MHA. The only things I can even think of that he's done right lately is OPM and AOT S2 ......even though S2 was pretty disappointing that's not really his fault.

Well, supposedly he does.  He's talked about it before.  I think the problem more is getting shows he and the crew personally prefers.  They like HxH and had been wanting to get that for a while, so when it was available, they pounced on it.  They like Gundam even though most nobody else gives a shit about it (maybe during the old Toonami, but not now), so they keep getting Gundam shows.  I think the negotiations to end the Gundam embargo may have even taken years and visits to Japan to pull through. 

And Tokyo Ghoul got tons of requests, so maybe it is popular here.  I don't know.  I don't seek out Tokyo Ghoul related communities.  It had defenders in the Everything Wrong with Tokyo Ghoul video comments, but that doesn't really mean anything, since you'll always find fans of literally anything, no matter how bad it is. 

But yeah, outside of One Punch Man and Attack on Titan S2, they've really been dropping the ball when it comes to getting the recent, relevant big hits, as of late.

Funimation and Crunchyroll currently have the streaming rights.  I don't know when exactly Netflix grabbed it, but apparently their deal is not yet active.  All I Know is that Demarco flat out stated that "Netflix always goes for any anime they think Toonami has a SMALL chance of grabbing, and they offer higher bids so they get them first", in response to someone specifically mentioning MHA.

I think he said Netlfix offers double.  Pretty fucked up!  Not like Toonami is a threat to them or anything.  Demarco needs to keep the shows they want more on the down low.

And of course AOT S2's potential was pretty much wasted because it aired at 12:30.

It should have gotten directly after Family Guy, beginning on April 1, and bumping Jack to a July start.

Oh, and that disaster that happened on 4/1 didn't help either!

Yeah that deal with the devil for the Dragonball power hour sure isn't helping. They could get Re Zero tomorrow and they'd have to air it 3rd in their lineup.

And of course AOT S2's potential was pretty much wasted because it aired at 12:30.

It should have gotten directly after Family Guy, beginning on April 1, and bumping Jack to a July start.

Oh, and that disaster that happened on 4/1 didn't help either!

Yeah I never got why they saddled AoT S2 as late as they did.  So many dropped balls it's not even funny!  It's a veritable ball pit in the Toonami offices!

Rick & Morty ruined everything.