UnevenEdge

Proposing a clickbait rule.

Sieg67

If for some reason you feel the need to link to a shitty click bait site, give us a summary of the answer.

You may be thinking, "Now the site won't get the ad revenue because we're not clicking it."  and that would have been a legitimate concern if they didn't bring it on themselves by adding all that padding with multiple pages.  All that shit could have went on one page.  ONE PAGE.  They got greedy and decided their ad revenue would increase if they unnecessarily used several pages.

The thing is I try really hard to ignore them but sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me.  Afterwards I kick myself because the "the thing I won't believe" or "that thing that will shock you" is usually stupid mundane bullshit.

Yeah, they are.  That wasn't the point.  It's just that sometimes I'm curious enough to actually click and go through a couple of pages when I know it's probably bullshit. It's rare but it does happen.  That's why I made this thread; so most of us won't actually have to go through them.  Not just here but anywhere you might share them.  I decided to post this thread after something I saw on FB.  Basically what I'm asking here is a bit of courtesy.

If for some reason you feel the need to link to a shitty click bait site, give us a summary of the answer.

You may be thinking, "Now the site won't get the ad revenue because we're not clicking it."  and that would have been a legitimate concern if they didn't bring it on themselves by adding all that padding with multiple pages.  All that shit could have went on one page.  ONE PAGE.  They got greedy and decided their ad revenue would increase if they unnecessarily used several pages.

The thing is I try really hard to ignore them but sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me.  Afterwards I kick myself because the "the thing I won't believe" or "that thing that will shock you" is usually stupid mundane bullshit.

I'm curious as heck, and if I can control myself, you can do it too.

I+need+more+self+control_4c9616_5555811.gif

I can too.  It's just sometimes I choose not too.

But there are times I resist and am left wondering what was in the link because sometimes I want to know.

Everybody here seems to be missing the point.  I'm asking people who share that shit to post a summary so that we won't be tempted to click them.