UnevenEdge

actually LGBT anime characters

mochi

having looked up Nagito on the fan wiki it makes his interactions with the girls sound fairly romantic and his interactions with the guys seem like outright hate so I doubt that

He doesn't really have romantic interactions that I recall, except he confesses his love to the male protagonist in a free-time event.

I post an image and it becomes 3 pages worth of discussion.  :D

Mariandale's stereotypical voice provokes a lot of contrasting opinions

it's always been weird to me that most Trans anime characters are basically just HIM from the powerpuff girls

did the whole "lapsing into your male voice" stereotype originate with HIM?

I think it has been done well before PPG. Usually it's not as extreme as in the cases of DT and PPG. In most cases it's either always a deep voice or a guy trying to do a feminine voice. Rare occasions I have seen them go just full female voice, but that seems to be getting more popular in anime since drawing boys like girls has gotten big the past decade. Hideyoshi from baka to test, Nagisa from assassination classroom (but isn't gay), Saika from snafu.

just posting an image of Daley Wong (the gay character from bubblegum crisis) to bump the thread and also because he's surprisingly not stereotypical and is stupid cute

daleywong.jpg

(the more recent bubblegum crisis makes him Generic and ugly looking)

Never change, Ikuhara. :D

indeed, how he got the idea to make Lesbian Teddy bears that transform into anime girls in Josie and the Pussy-cats type bear costumes and symbolically munch other girl's carpets to make them realize that they're Lesbians is beyond me

edit: also the ending animation has a reference to Totoro in it

(the part where the bears turn into screaming heads)

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on tumblr while looking for content for my male hawtness thread

tumblr_og89gmaEEI1tabtcvo2_540.gif

according to the blog in question neither character is gay

apparently shoving objects into another man's mouth and him seeing you surrounded my mist and bubbles is totally straight Bro-havior now