UnevenEdge

Should I even buy Undertale now?

mochi

it's been in my steam wishlist for a while now and I have some money right now....but the game's kinda old news now, and I've seen so many LP's that I don't think there'd be much fun in playing something that I've watched a million times at this point

if there's anything else good that's under 30 bucks on Steam and is a little less old that you think I'd enjoy let me know

and don't mention Sonic Mania because it turns out the game is full of horrifying DRM/malware programs, or that dream daddy game...because I want nothing to do with it

The gameplay is good, but the story is a bulk of why people play Undertale, and if you've already seen all the outcomes, there's no need to linger on it. That is, unless you're one of those people that are really really into the game, and watch all the Game Theory videos or song covers using what the singer assumes are Sans or Papyrus' voices.

But also, Dream Daddy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/248310/Freedom_Planet/

It goes on sale though, not sure I'd recommend paying full price.

I only ever hear talk about Sonic and games you've watched but not played so it's hard to recommend for you. Maybe list some stuff you've enjoyed playing?

I've played Stardew valley, Terraria, and if we're talking console games I play a lot of collectathon platformers and some RPG's (though to be blunt I'm not that keen on RPG's these days)

mochi[/member]

This is why I tend to shy away from watching full let's plays of games I might be interested in actually playing in the future. I sometimes go to reviewers and let's players that I like to watch one or two episodes to see how much it might interest me, and then stop if I decide I will play it at some point.

That said, Undertale is a classic at this point, but don't waste your money on content you already know and will probably be bored with quickly since you already know how it plays out. Unfortunate but true.

mochi[/member]

This is why I tend to shy away from watching full let's plays of games I might be interested in actually playing in the future. I sometimes go to reviewers and let's players that I like to watch one or two episodes to see how much it might interest me, and then stop if I decide I will play it at some point.

That said, Undertale is a classic at this point, but don't waste your money on content you already know and will probably be bored with quickly since you already know how it plays out. Unfortunate but true.

Sandstone[/member]

I'm considering buying both or one of these two gay comedy point and click adventure games "My ex boyfriend the space tyrant'' and/or "escape from pleasure planet" now

mostly just because I'm making the conscious choice to avoid dream daddy until some dlc is added that makes you actually able to date the dads for real/gives Joseph an ending where he breaks up with his wife and isn't a satanic cult-leader

that and because those two games are made by an actual gay guy and Dream Daddy isn't (it's fans claim it is when people voice criticisms about the low-level homophobic content in the game but it's really not)

The gameplay is good, but the story is a bulk of why people play Undertale, and if you've already seen all the outcomes, there's no need to linger on it. That is, unless you're one of those people that are really really into the game, and watch all the Game Theory videos or song covers using what the singer assumes are Sans or Papyrus' voices.

But also, Dream Daddy

I didn't hate the game but I didn't get the hype tbh.  I liked the whole pacifist option, that was cool but other than that I never really understood the whole "THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER" rage that was going on for Undertale

I didn't hate the game but I didn't get the hype tbh.  I liked the whole pacifist option, that was cool but other than that I never really understood the whole "THIS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER" rage that was going on for Undertale

this...I felt pretty meh toward undertale and edith finch in particular...not sure why people were so "OMG THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME GLABGLAHVLGHAG!!" as they were foaming at the mouth for these titles...same with life is strange except replace "meh" with "fuck this retarded shit" ...