UnevenEdge

Can a tourist do Tokyo on 50,000 yen a week?

1938 Packard

Yes, it's possible.

There are whole sites and youtube tutorials on how to travel and survive in foreign countries for cheap.

That's one price I had in mind.  Anyhoo... I just looked up hotels near Electric Town and found one at $257 per night.  That's a suite with a kitchen and laundry services.  Good ratings and maid service.  Sounds really pricey but I'll have to balance the $500 a week as entertainment money and budget the room separately. 

Probably, but when you're in a place like Tokyo, you probably want to spend at least double that amount. There are plenty of food vendors available that only cost 500 yen a meal. Japanese convenience stores are seriously like heaven.

Probably, but when you're in a place like Tokyo, you probably want to spend at least double that amount. There are plenty of food vendors available that only cost 500 yen a meal. Japanese convenience stores are seriously like heaven.

I never went in one.  Are they different from Wawa or 7-11?

I never went in one.  Are they different from Wawa or 7-11?

Wawa is a fucking joke compared to Japanese convenience stores, and American 7-11s often send people to Japanese 7-11s for training. The food quality is what makes it much better. You also buy hard liquor.

Probably sound like a massive weeb here, but idgaf.