UnevenEdge

The El Rey channel...

tsar4

341 on DirecTv - Godzilla vs Destoroyah (an Aliens ripoff that looks a bit like crab monsters) on now, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah next, then Godzilla vs Biollante.

The channel shows a lot of chop socky stuff.  There's a Knight Rider marathon on New Years.  The only shows I've seen that fit the name of the channel are Lucha wrestling, but I can't say I've watched it much other than the really bad Kung Fu movies.

the what what??

It's a channel started by Robert Rodriguez that plays a lot of martial arts movies, lucha underground, horror flicks, monster movies, and airs the tv version of From Dusk Till Dawn. The channel also does cutesy names for their marathons like:

El-Rey-Network-Rip-Your-Heart-Out.jpeg

81ef3af0-d6ca-11e3-bcfc-12999d9376db.jpg?v=4

I watched a lot of El Rey when it first launched on Directv a few years ago, but I've gotten too busy and haven't watched much of any tv lately.

It's a channel started by Robert Rodriguez that plays a lot of martial arts movies, lucha underground, horror flicks, monster movies, and airs the tv version of From Dusk Till Dawn. The channel also does cutesy names for their marathons like:

El-Rey-Network-Rip-Your-Heart-Out.jpeg

81ef3af0-d6ca-11e3-bcfc-12999d9376db.jpg?v=4

I watched a lot of El Rey when it first launched on Directv a few years ago, but I've gotten too busy and haven't watched much of any tv lately.

i rarely watch actual television but i've always liked little tv gems like this.