UnevenEdge

My PC broke

HardcoreHunter

Because the 90 bucks I save allows me to eat and gas my car for the week. As well in a real scenario they perform roughly the same. Ryzen actually preforming better with other background applications running while a game is running or running edditing applications.

you bought a 1080ti, you ain't that broke

here's gaming performance of a current gen ryzen and an I7 from TWO GENERATIONS ago. i7 wins almost everything

VKaaAizbbFC8Jo3dZymRmc-650-80.png

credit http://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-performance-of-ryzen-7-vs-core-i7-with-geforce-gtx-1080-ti/

almost everything on there runs better with Intel. there's a few things where AMD will beat a 2 generation old processor, but not much

After spending 2k I'm pretty broke for the moment. Cpu optimization will result in better frames and performance overtime. The frames are give or take 3fps difference right now some with ryzen being the winner.  But I also do Media stuff which the ryzen is nearly 80% more efficient at doing. The trade off is worth it to me at least. It's why they are called PC because they are personal computers. You build what is better for what you need it to do.

After spending 2k I'm pretty broke for the moment. Cpu optimization will result in better frames and performance overtime. The frames are give or take 3fps difference right now some with ryzen being the winner.  But I also do Media stuff which the ryzen is nearly 80% more efficient at doing. The trade off is worth it to me at least. It's why they are called PC because they are personal computers. You build what is better for what you need it to do.

optimization will be better on a processor that won't shit the bed in 2 years, but hey it is your money

i think my old pc had like a pentium something or other and we had that from junior year in high school until like 3 years ago. so like 7 years? 8 years i think? the only reason we got rid of that laptop is because the video card stopped working

I probably could have gotten another year or two out of the 8350 if my PC didn't get knocked over and break. I actually wanted to hold off on a build until the coffee lake CPUs came out for Intel, but that could be another year away and I need a PC. For now I'm making due with my s7 and Xbox one s for reading, forums, and streaming.