UnevenEdge

Went to Gamestop.

Greeny

Hipster douchebag was working. One of those people you can tell is a pretentious asshole just by looking at them, complete with obviously fake politeness that just comes off as condescending.

Obviously tried to sell me a bunch of garbage including warranties on my purchases and a renewal to my power up rewards card which I let expire years ago because I rarely shop there anymore.

I say no to all that bullshit.

He hands me my receipt and says, "At the bottom is a survey where you can tell them how I TRIED to save you money". ( Yes, he stressed the "I tried" part. )

Roll my eyes and walk out the door laughing.

The fact that the higher ups still force their employees to peddle this shit is beyond me. They have to know this stuff is nothing but a turn off to the customers. Especially when the clerk is an ass.

Dude, that was weak.

You should have told him, "Well thank you for TRYING, but I have plenty of money to spare, so I don't need to save chump change, unlike you. Also, just do your job and ring my stuff up. I don't want things to get physical in here lest Gamestop should lose one of its douchebag employees to workman's comp."

Just say no thanks and keep trucking no big deal. I have to peddle a survey at every end of my calls and i hate it but i got to do it because its my job. So i dont give people greif over doing what they are supposed to do.

I understand that he's required to peddle shit. He isn't required to be an annoying turd though.

Dude, that was weak.

You should have told him, "Well thank you for TRYING, but I have plenty of money to spare, so I don't need to save chump change, unlike you. Also, just do your job and ring my stuff up. I don't want things to get physical in here lest Gamestop should lose one of its douchebag employees to workman's comp."

There were no underage girls there.

Hipster douchebag was working. One of those people you can tell is a pretentious asshole just by looking at them, complete with obviously fake politeness that just comes off as condescending.

Obviously tried to sell me a bunch of garbage including warranties on my purchases and a renewal to my power up rewards card which I let expire years ago because I rarely shop there anymore.

He hands me my receipt and says, "At the bottom is a survey where you can tell them how I TRIED to save you money". ( Yes, he stressed the "I tried" part. )

The fact that the higher ups still force their employees to peddle this shit is beyond me. They have to know this stuff is nothing but a turn off to the customers. Especially when the clerk is an ass.

On one hand I understand where you're coming from.

But, like you said, the higher ups are notoriously greedy and unforgiving.

Just search YouTube or Google for Game Stop employee horror stories and you'll be overwhelmed.

Here's just one video highlighting the many problems with Game Stop and it's business model.

Just say no thanks and keep trucking no big deal. I have to peddle a survey at every end of my calls and i hate it but i got to do it because its my job. So i dont give people greif over doing what they are supposed to do.

For once I actually agree with you.

Sure it might be annoying to the customer but those employees have to do what their bosses tell them, and bosses can be pricks a lot of the time.

I see you're as grumpy as ever old friend.

Whatchu playing lately?