UnevenEdge

Bye Roger

enad

From an interview which mentions the idea of Idris Elba playing Bond

Sir Roger told Paris Match: 'A few years ago, I said that [black actor] Cuba Gooding Jnr would make an excellent Bond, but it was a joke!' replies Sir Roger, 87, who starred in seven Bond movies between 1973 and 1985.

'Although James may have been played by a Scot, a Welshman and an Irishman, I think he should be "English-English",' he continues.

'Nevertheless, it's an interesting idea, but unrealistic.'

Reaction on social media has been overwhelmingly negative with Twitter users accusing Sir Roger of 'racism'.

Many commentators highlighted the fact that Elba was born and raised in the East End of London.

It will be noted that he later felt the comments were taken out of context.  Also, he never says a black man can't be Bond.

Come on now, if Idris Elba can't be Bond because he isn't "English-English" enough then which black man could be Bond? What else could "English-English" possibly mean in that context?

Come on now, if Idris Elba can't be Bond because he isn't "English-English" enough then which black man could be Bond? What else could "English-English" possibly mean in that context?

Is Idris Elba the only black actor in the UK?

Because you asked what black man could be "English, English" enough to be Bond, dipshit.

I said IF Elba couldn't be Bond because he isn't "English-English" aka white enough to be Bond according to Moore then which black man would qualify as being "English English" enough according to Moore?

Sorry your boy said something racist.

I said IF Elba couldn't be Bond because he isn't "English-English" aka white enough to be Bond according to Moore then which black man would qualify as being "English English" enough according to Moore?

So, how do you know Roger meant "aka not white enough" to be Bond?

So, how do you know Roger meant "aka not white enough" to be Bond?

I'll repeat: What else could "English-English" possibly mean in that context?

Roger Moore called the idea of a black Bond ridiculous and said a black English man being considered for the role wasn't "English English" enough, that's the beginning and ending of it. I was just trying to mess with Dane, not get pulled into a never-ending debate about this.