UnevenEdge

so apparently there's A JoJo Marathon on 12/24 and DBZ Kai Marathon On 12/31

CountFrylock

Are you kidding me? We won't have had a DBZ marathon (not counting the 5/21 power hour) in over a year. The previous one was 12/19/15, and the next will be New Year's Eve '16/'17.

I may actually not even watch Toonami that night, but you can bet I'll be watching JoJo on Christmas Eve!

As for Children Who Chase Lost Voices, theoretically it and the rest of the November 5th lineup is up for replay over the Toonami Marathon Stream, so catch it this weekend if you can! It never actually streamed or was available on-demand, however, so I haven't a clue if it will really be on there!

so much for Any Movies Or Children Who Chase Lost Voices Being Replayed

I'm Okay With A Jojo Marathon but I Feel like I've gone through more DBZ Kai Marathons than i can handle....i feel pissed off that the only one piece marathon we got was a bunch of shitty post ennies lobby filler episodes

unless AS cancells Toonami there's always time for movies next year

That's exactly why we think Super is coming. The hype.

It's hot right now. It'd be smart for them to pick it up while the mantle for it is hot.

That is of course if no other venue goes for it, which is of course possible since it's Dragonball.

But still, lol.... I dunno why you're so stuck on Buu saga Kai. At this point, I'd sooner expect Super. Especially since we see it's already being dubbed.

Meanwhile we haven't heard anything about Buu-Kai in years.

Don't see the logic in expecting Buu to still come other than it comig after Cell story-wise. I'd honestly be surprised if we see BUU next year and not Super.

so much for Any Movies Or Children Who Chase Lost Voices Being Replayed

I'm Okay With A Jojo Marathon but I Feel like I've gone through more DBZ Kai Marathons than i can handle....i feel pissed off that the only one piece marathon we got was a bunch of shitty post ennies lobby filler episodes

But movies are expensive. You should know that already.

I think the best possible scenario would be for Disney xD to get Super, but only for a 2-year deal a la Naruto Shippuden, and for the deal to not affect Kai on Toonami! Then we could finish Kai over the next 1.5 years with the dub-premiere Buu saga, and later (like in 2019) have Super!

Alternatively, maybe CN could air Super first, then throw it to Toonami once Toonami is done with the Buu saga? Just as long as freaking NickToons doesn't get it, we're good.

Also relevant:

ff0.jpg

I think the best possible scenario would be for Disney xD to get Super, but only for a 2-year deal a la Naruto Shippuden, and for the deal to not affect Kai on Toonami! Then we could finish Kai over the next 1.5 years with the dub-premiere Buu saga, and later (like in 2019) have Super!

Alternatively, maybe CN could air Super first, then throw it to Toonami once Toonami is done with the Buu saga? Just as long as freaking NickToons doesn't get it, we're good.

Also relevant:

ff0.jpg

Disney xD might have  a possible interest in Super.  At least they wouldn't have to edit it down like they had to do with Shippuden.

I doubt CN would be interested in it.

But movies are expensive. You should know that already.

I wonder if CWCLV really was a one-time deal. It certainly would seem to make more sense to replay it after JoJo on 12/17 to me than another JoJo and otherwise the regular lineup, but apparently what makes sense to me doesn't to Toonami. Be glad it played a total of 10 times this past weekend on the Toonami Marathon Stream then, though the highest number of people watching it appeared to be 150 or so.

As for the JoJo marathon on 12/24, which episodes they're gonna go with is still shrouded in mystery, but the super-secret backdoor schedule lists American Dad Replay at 3:30, so expansion to 4:30 to get in the entire Part 1: Phantom Blood arc (Episodes 1-9) seems unlikely at this point. Running episodes 1-7 will end with the cliffhanger we saw Saturday night, although to be fair it IS a bit of a denoument so that might be OK. But I would go with 4-10 instead. Episode 1 kinda exists in its own universe and is followed by a timeskip, and Episode 2 is more exposition than anything. Maybe they'll go 3-9 and not replay the first episode of Part 2: Battle Tendencies; that would seem alright to me, since either way Episode 11 is at least 2 weeks away!

Absolutely nothing about the Kai marathon on 12/31 yet!

JoJo double-shot on 12/17 confirmed:

tumblr_ohshrl4Vfm1rvb8cmo1_1280.jpg

And that Super-Secret backdoor schedule that I don't even know if I should post here says that the Christmas Eve JoJo's marathon will be Episodes 4-10.

I'm OK with this, as 3 was sort of the end of a series of prologues, like with Soul Eater (except in this case they all had sizable timeskips between them and focused on the same characters).