UnevenEdge

Working out while burnt out?

NeurocideVibekillah

I've been working out steady for a couple weeks now but this is the first time that I've stuck with it throughout the week without taking a day off.

Maybe it's just my body getting used to my fat ass working so hard but never before have I slept 12 hours, drank coffee, and moved around a bit and I still felt tired af throughout the day.

Not doing any muscle groups tonight, just cardio for about an hour. Not sure if I should just go for it or not but I feel like I should so I don't get trapped in an apathetic pattern.

I doubt I'll get a serious answer but I thought I'd ask anyway in case there is someone more health conscious than me.

12 hours seems like way too much sleep. you should be getting around 7-9.

you can do something simple like just cardio for today to give your body some time to recover.

when i was lifting weights i would only do so 3-4 times a week.

Well today is just my cardio day so tomorrow will be both cardio and chest workout.

I do muscle workout every other day but maintain consistent cardio throughout the week.

60 mins total for cardio per day and however long it takes until I've done a total muscle group workout, depending on the day.

Well today is just my cardio day so tomorrow will be both cardio and chest workout.

I do muscle workout every other day but maintain consistent cardio throughout the week, 60 mins  total for cardio per day and however long it takes until I've done a total muscle group workout.

the only other things i can think about is nutrition and sleep.

remember both are important to get max effort out of you.

other than that, you should be fine.

I usually ignore these threads because I'm not a Doctor by any means. 

Have you been sleeping well?  Your body has a way of catching itself up on sleep eventually. 

Have you cut back on eating since you started working out?

I've definitely been sleeping a lot, even without working out, and yes, I've definitely been cutting back on my portions since the beginning of this week.

I guess another thing to assume could be either my hydration or the fact that I'm still eating whatever I want because I don't have the money to spend on rabbit food. lol

Yeah, definitely don't weight train every day......Every other day is sufficient.  I would say an hour of cardio is excessive if you're just starting out but it also depends on what you consider cardio and how intense it is.

I wouldn't say it's too intense, I try to keep my heart rate above 121 bpm (140 bpm at the most) for about 30 mins per treadmill, bike, elliptical etc.

Who knows though, I'm 300lbs and even if I think I can handle it my body might think otherwise.

if I don't have to get up for anything which is usual I sleep for 10-12 hours/day

i know it varies from person to person but i dont think it should be higher than 9 hours unless there is something wrong with you.

i can sleep 8 hours and take naps, but thats only cuz i get bored from being up at night.

maybe somebody with more knowledge can chime in.

really wanna drop the weight?

squats situps crunches jumping jacks

Did abs last week every other day along with the constant cardio. This week I've been doing much the same only chest workouts instead of abs.

Killed it tonight with the cadio. 8.5 miles on the bike and 1.5 of brisk walking that in total burned about 500 calories.

Tomorrow will be the last day this week and  then I'll start working out my arms and cardio on Monday.

i used to get really burnt out too.

it depends on how you feel about it tbh.

you could keep going like that and see how you feel about it afterwards, and ease back into lighter workouts if youd find it burns you out too badly.

It must've been some sort of nutrient deprivation or the fact I pulled double the workout yesterday because I did cardio tonight and I feel 100 times better than I did.