UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis 3

I've been disappointed with some anime choices the last couple of weeks, but this show feels like it's gonna break the bad streak.

I hope Rita sticks around. She's an interesting character to add to the crazy without it being over the top.

She's still around in season 2  ;)

Gate 8

I admit that I avoided watching this before because I saw the loli and thought, 'Meh.' I totally cop to being wrong and seeing Rory yell at the DIET lady was hilarious. This was a really funny episode with plot running at the same time as the jokes while not jacking up the pace. That was another thing that I misjudged from watching the first episode was that I thought Gate would be a rushed mess. The hungry mangaka from the texts turning out to be the lead's ex-wife was a surprise, so I'm looking forward to how that relationship gets explained.

• Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02 #5
  • Princess Princess #11 and #12 (END)

Great job for showing off Sayaka as such an unrepentant asshole, guys. As usual, that was pretty damn toothless, and I could see how it'd end at least from my perspective. Tohru has such a fun time acting out with the other princesses and his family just isn't worth it. Yeah, I guess my own struggles with this are based on politics, but I sympathize with his general cause. And also, how the hell did they get a mattress to the bottom of that cliff so fast?

Overall, this was a stupid show. It's not awful, but even if you think you'd enjoy the general premise, there's too many boring personal matters that cloud things up. I wouldn't recommend it for that reason. And to apparently quote the ANN review, the crossdressing is "phony" anyway, but that shoots the main reason to watch this in the head, so I just go with it. Maybe this should have came out a few years later (after more states than Massachusetts had legalized same-sex marriage) so they could show penises in panties. 5/10.

• Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- #9 and #10
  • WorldEnd #4

This show is insane... and I don't just mean that by the overwhelming focus on lizard culture in this episode. Well, I kind of do, but there's a particular focus given to funny animals in general, as well as what they do.

Maybe this is the anime version of the Wheel of Time series.

• Girls und Panzer #5

It's about one years overdue, I say. The tank cheesecakes were waiting for me.

And man, tankery is such a sport that goes beyond the actual battlefield. Yukari infiltrating the other school was hilarious, even if her plan shouldn't have worked because who the hell would talk about their plan right in front of much of the student body... argh. Also, if this took place on another battleship community, how did she get off of it? I have to assume it was otherwise done while in port.

[saying we have the moon, so now the stars]

Yona of the Dawn 1

For those of you wondering what my next non-seasonal rating screencap series was going to be, well... this is it. I don't think I'll be commenting on it as often as I had Kuromukuro, but if something interesting pops up, I'll be sure to give my two cents on it.

4V2kiUS.png

8Dz5TFd.png

I didn't think Guilty Crown was that frustrating, but I can totally understand where you're coming from.

Skirt no Naka wa Kedamono Deshita. 1

Yona of the Dawn 2

I honestly wasn't expecting that guard who was helping Yona and Hak out to be a guy. I'd call him a trap, but then ANN would get mad about it because trans rights.

2GZ3Qe3.png

8qc16rW.png

That already aired? I was going to wait until it was available for legal streaming, but I guess they're all really slow on the trigger... not that I wouldn't expect it, of course. Nothing's been said about In Another World With My Smartphone yet.

But, on the subject of what Crunchyroll does have...

• Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- #11 and #12 (END)

It was a pretty good ending. Though it'd definitely be toothless to some, the ending aesop of how gender shouldn't matter was pretty good. I like Hinako for how she is, even if she's not meant to be in the school. And now she can continue to flirt with Shisuku's pretty boys on a daily basis.

Overall, a remarkable show. There wasn't a lot to it, but I liked the characters and well-animated fights. 7/10.

I didn't think Guilty Crown was that frustrating, but I can totally understand where you're coming from.

Yona of the Dawn 2

Fixed

I honestly wasn't expecting that guard who was helping Yona and Hak out to be a guy. I'd call him a trap, but then ANN would get mad about it because trans rights of historical precedent in relation to people who are trans being beaten/killed for 'tricking' sex partners.

2GZ3Qe3.png

8qc16rW.png

Guilty Crown was displaying warning signs similar to Toward the Terra that it was gonna be an anime where I couldn't root for any of the characters. That is one of my least enjoyable experiences as a viewer and peeking at future episode comments about characters' actions confirmed those suspicions.

I breezed through K's first season and the movie(definitely buying both), but the second season feels sluggish. The added fanservice isn't helping either.

I think that the biggest problem is that I'm really unimpressed with the Green King whose motives are very generic so far. Being a mystery really worked for the first season, especially combined with the emotional fallout of Totsuka's murder.

• Himegoto #1 to #13 (rewatch | END)
  • Akame ga Kill! #1 (you know it)

All of this was intended to happen yesterday... but I completely lost it and didn't watch anything. And this had nothing to do with hatred of America. In fact, neither did *that* instance. But the show must go on, because I love it so much, and here's my subsequent effigy to the throes of producing good content:

Jo1qKaC.jpg

mzjCGeJ.jpg

• Birdy the Mighty: Decode 02 #6

[yeah yeah, no... yeah!]

Ah, so you're going to give it a better edit job than Turner S&P did. Good for you! :)

SorceressPol[/member] Yes, I understand that's the real reason not to say that word, but I'll be frank: if I wanted to be told not to call androgynous anime boys "traps" because of injustices towards real-life crossdressers (which I don't), I'd just go to the Anime News Network forums.

Ah, so you're going to give it a better edit job than Turner S&P did. Good for you! :)

SorceressPol[/member] Yes, I understand that's the real reason not to say that word, but I'll be frank: if I wanted to be told not to call androgynous anime boys "traps" because of injustices towards real-life crossdressers (which I don't), I'd just go to the Anime News Network forums.

You chose to bring it up in this thread, and my point isn't to tell you what to do but explain that people have a genuine reason to be offended.

Back on topic, I'm watching K: Return of Kings 4

I gotta admit that I liked Shiro getting told off by the Blue King because he really should have returned by now or sent a message earlier.

DIVE!! 01

Basically, a discount Free!! that focuses more on the sport than friendships, with somewhat off-kilter animation. I can't expect every studio to be KyoAni, but I hope it improves.  I do wonder if the mangaka intended for the characters' goal to really compete in the Tokyo Olympics, since this was written way before Free!!, but the Tokyo Olympics are 3 whole years away!  I'm still not sure if I'm gonna follow this.

I've missed this thread. 

Just watched Kuromukuro 26 END - 9/10.  

It's definitely the best mecha I've ever watched and I don't think I'll ever watch a better one.

I hated Yukina at first but she really grew on me.  I still think it's a shame that camera boy never died.  His dad is cool though.