UnevenEdge

Is there a subreddit for begging internet strangers for $

NaBarney

isn't there always a contest every year where they make someone a millionare.

you could probably find the winnner and ask him for some $$$$

there are subreddits dedicated to making money online, but i think this was mentioned in a thread already.

if there aren't any you should make one, and if it blows up you won't have to work again

It turns out there is one where you are allowed to ask for money but you have to be a regular redditor with a karma of at least 300. I don't have a Reddit account because I hate all the people there.

Hmm. Is there any other site where I could write a funny sadsack post and maybe get a few pity dollars? I am going to investigate.

I'm just going to go beg/troll IGN's Vestibule board using my 14 year old account with only a few dozen posts. Usually I only post there once a year to celebrate my boardiversary and act like a veteran member of the community, the gag doesn't get old.

Hopefully someone there feels bad and PayPals me several dollars.

That's right, the $8 an hour job show is going on the road.

What about a GoFundMe?

They take a percentage of donations for themselves, which is a waste.

There's other sites that don't take any % but they are sketchy seeming to people because they've never heard of them which makes people think they aren't like regulated as well or something.

I don't see what's so hard about just sending me a few bucks via Venmo or PayPal in exchange for no services rendered, but apparently the whole of the internet disagrees.