UnevenEdge

influences

There's a million things that have influenced me over the years but right now I'm thinking about Stardew valley. I've played it once before and never got past winter 1 (I'm at the end of fall on my current playthrough). The first time I played it I was like, "what am I doing wishing I could farm when I have pots", and I grew some cucumbers and herbs and other bs in my real life once I had pots enough. Now I'm playing the game again, and there's random things I can pick up follow up on irl + like mulberry jam which is an irl foraging hit.  And there's so many things within the bounds of my favorite art and music that branch out so I was curious what strikes everyone as an irl curiosity or treat.

I want to make a good low budget, standard def inner-city film. 

I’d wanna have it done as traditionally as possible. Grainy skyline, flashy cars, gunfights with obnoxious SFX.

If I can have it produced at least as competently as something from the 70s, mission accomplished. But I know next to shit about directing and hiring a swarm of people.

• Like 1

My son and his friends are pros at stardew valley....if there is something in particular hindering you, I can ask what they do in a situation like that.....I think they survive in numbers, but I don't play so I can't say.

The other stuff, I don't wanna think about

• Like 1

16 hours ago, André Toulon said:

My son and his friends are pros at stardew valley....if there is something in particular hindering you, I can ask what they do in a situation like that.....I think they survive in numbers, but I don't play so I can't say.

The other stuff, I don't wanna think about

I'm having a pretty good time this playthrough, I got caught up trying to minmax last time I played and stressed my own self out. This time I'm chilling, playing drunk as hell and then posting about it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NSAID said:

There's a million things that have influenced me over the years but right now I'm thinking about Stardew valley. I've played it once before and never got past winter 1 (I'm at the end of fall on my current playthrough). The first time I played it I was like, "what am I doing wishing I could farm when I have pots", and I grew some cucumbers and herbs and other bs in my real life once I had pots enough. Now I'm playing the game again, and there's random things I can pick up follow up on irl + like mulberry jam which is an irl foraging hit.  And there's so many things within the bounds of my favorite art and music that branch out so I was curious what strikes everyone as an irl curiosity or treat.

I just bought this game....I think I'm about to hit fall....wait....winter is hard?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Still Me said:

I just bought this game....I think I'm about to hit fall....wait....winter is hard?

Winter is....not hard per se, but it's gonna stretch your wallet thin that first year without your farming income. It can be nice to focus on other things tho. My first playthrough I focused on building friendship with the villagers. This time I'm hooked on mining and getting it to where I should be able to finish the community center by Summer year 2 (gotta get some dumb fish, and plant some dumb parsnips and....several other things but I blame the fish most of all)

• Like 1