UnevenEdge

Ninja Kamui Rerun on Toonami Discussion

The woman on the enemy council was supposed to be Emma while still undercover, right?

Other than Dilly there weren't any other female characters and she doesn't seem like a lead member.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

Just now, AnimationFan14 said:

It's an epic track that perfectly fits the twist ending and the fact that it plays over the whole end credits sequence is the icing on the cake

Yes exactly. I have a fan on so I cant hear it great, but I could hear the bass until the final credit rolled. I don't remember that tune from last time and had no idea it played all the way through. Have to get the ID.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2024 at 1:41 AM, saito34 said:

I'm sorry but I really cant believe DeMarco wrote himself into this show. Is that vanity? That seems like vanity.

It's not him. It's Jason Cardenas.

"CAR-DE-NAS!" 🤣

Also sounds nothing like him!! 😂🤣😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

It's not him. It's Jason Cardenas.

"CAR-DE-NAS!" 🤣

Also sounds nothing like him!! 😂🤣😂

He uses it when posting on Bluesky so now I know it's intended to resemble himself

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I don't care what the naysayers say, this show is AWESOME!

Yeah, still hate that they unnecessarily killed off Emma, which was a big unforced error weakening the last set of eps when it should have been firing on all cylinders (plus Yamaji turned out a weak final boss), but overall the show was still pretty good. It was a pretty strong show.

Blade Runner Black Lotus was also really good despite the naysayers.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, OwlChemist81 said:

People say this guy is an animated Jason Demarco, but I have my doubts. For one thing, I don't think Jason Demarco drinks this much!

Yeah. It's possible but I'll give Demarco the benefit of the doubt since like I said during the premiere he still also heavily reminds me of Kevin Smith. Like the character feels exactly like his character in Die Hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah. It's possible but I'll give Demarco the benefit of the doubt since like I said during the premiere he still also heavily reminds me of Kevin Smith. Like the character feels exactly like his character in Die Hard.

I was kind of indifferent about whether or not it was actually supposed to be him, but like i mentioned, he made a post on Bluesky in such a way the indicated the picture represented himself.

Not that I even care. I actually think it would be hard to resist the urge if you have that kind of say in a show, but I can't think of too many examples of people actually doing it.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I was kind of indifferent about whether or not it was actually supposed to be him, but like i mentioned, he made a post on Bluesky in such a way the indicated the picture represented himself.

Oh, did he? if so, i could see that too

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, still hate that they unnecessarily killed off Emma, which was a big unforced error weakening the last set of eps when it should have been firing on all cylinders (plus Yamaji turned out a weak final boss), but overall the show was still pretty good. It was a pretty strong show.

Blade Runner Black Lotus was also really good despite the naysayers.

Killing Emma after her big "Is she dead" tease here feels pointless in my opinion

It makes her more of a plot device

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh, did he?

IMO he did yes, it wasn't explicitly about the show. It was more or less a self referencing post and he used a picture of Jason from NK.

• Like 1