UnevenEdge

Ninja Kamui Rerun on Toonami Discussion

Posted (edited)

Does everyone know the original Toonami setup/timeline? When i started looking into it i was a little confused at first because i had forgotten that Toonami wasn't originally associated with the late night block. I'm pretty sure it was Midnight Run or Action at first right?

I think my best memories of the block were probably technically considered Adult Swim Action. It was definitely when FMA and the FMA:B were airing. Good times.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Does everyone know the original Toonami setup/timeline? When i started looking into it i was a little confused at first because i had forgotten that Toonami wasn't originally associated with the late night block. I'm pretty sure it was Midnight Run or Action at first right?

Yeah, like you said, I remember it was Midnight Run, but I don't remember anyone not considering it as clearly part of Toonami despite the different name. So yeah, I always just considered it part of Toonami.

From what I remember it started with just the weekday block and then expanded into the Midnight Run, so I always thought of it as part of Toonami too.

At some point it after it moved to the Saturday block I think Adult Swim Action became the new name that filled in the spot during the time when Toonami was shut down before it came back so we were still getting our Saturday night anime fix.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, like you said, I remember it was Midnight Run, but I don't remember anyone not considering it as clearly part of Toonami despite the different name. So yeah, I always just considered it part of Toonami.

From what I remember it started with just the weekday block and then expanded into the Midnight Run, so I always thought of it as part of Toonami too.

At some point it after it moved to the Saturday block I think Adult Swim Action became the new name that filled in the spot during the time when Toonami was shut down before it came back so we were still getting our Saturday night anime fix.

OK that helps explain things a bit. I was really confused to read that it was technically not called Toonami, because I just always remembered it being directly associated with it. When you read the wiki it makes it sound completely disconnected and that's not the way I remember it at all.

The history and naming convention is not as straight forward as I thought it was. I had completely forgotten about Midnight Run/AS Action.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by saito34

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, saito34 said:

OK that helps explain things a bit. I was really confused to read that it was technically not called Toonami, because I just always remembered it being directly associated with it. When you read the wiki it makes it sound completely disconnected and that's not the way I remember it at all.

The history and naming convention is not as straight forward as I thought it was. I had completely forgotten about Midnight Run/AS Action.

Thanks for your input.

Same here, I'm surprised to learn it wasn't technically called Toonami: The Midnight Run since I too always remembered it as being directly associated with Toonami!

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Same here, I'm surprised to learn it wasn't technically called Toonami: The Midnight Run since I too always remembered it as being directly associated with Toonami!

Exactly. To find out all that anime was not under the Toonami kind of threw me off. I think Toonami was more associated with the weekday show.