UnevenEdge

3 Body Problem

Can Benioff and Weiss pull off a fully realized adaptation this time!? Probably not, but I’m liking what I’ve watched so far. It’s kinda wild for a “hard” sci-fi show to be popular, but I’m here for it. What say you?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i watched it over the weekend when it dropped. then i watched it again with the wife. never got thru the first book because i suck at time management, but i feel like i should go back and re-invest in the series. dark forest theory has been a fun case study of mine for years, and i finally get a show that fully develops the concept. 

i had this level of hype for GoT as well in the first few seasons. with a complete story at their disposal and the promise of a short run (i don't expect more than 3-4 seasons out of this story), hopefully b&w can't fuck it up quite as badly...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I'm kind of interested in seeing it simply because of all the tragedy involved in its adaptation.

For those wondering... the Chinese tech billionaire who purchased the rights to produce the adaptation that was eventually seen on Netflix was murdered by the lawyer he initially hired to negotiate the deal.  See here:  https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/03/china/billionaire-three-body-problem-netflix-intl-hnk/index.html

• Like 1