UnevenEdge

Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapsed

1pooh4u

1:24:59 Alarms on bridge [of ship Dali], power fails on ship 1st time

~1:25:30 Pilot calls pilot dispatch, says ship may hit the bridge, close the bridge

1:26:39 Maryland Transportation Dept records incoming call from pilot dispatch, advising to urgently close the bridge

1:27:25 MDTA duty officer radios two units stationed at either end of the bridge, telling them to close the bridge.

1:29:00 to 1:29:33 'Black box' recorder on the ship records the sounds of the Dali crashing into the bridge.

• Thanks 2

On 4/7/2024 at 9:55 PM, MasqueradeOverture said:

Something's gonna collide with the Tappan Zee and I'm gonna get so fucking mad.

Is it the Tappan Zee again or are you one of those people (I’m one of them) who refuses to call it the “Mario Cuomo bridge” I refuse to call it that 😆

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Is it the Tappan Zee again or are you one of those people (I’m one of them) who refuses to call it the “Mario Cuomo bridge” I refuse to call it that 😆

The latter.

Fuckin thing's poorly designed anyways. Wind more than 10mph? Hold on to the wheel. 20mph? You're flying into the water.

Edited by MasqueradeOverture
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

The latter.

Fuckin thing's poorly designed anyways. Wind more than 10mph? Hold on to the wheel. 20mph? You're flying into the water.

I didn’t know that bridge was that bad 😆

I know they close the top level of the Verrazano if it’s too windy. Small cars will get blown around