UnevenEdge

I havent had my own vehicle for about a year.

Working for Autozone previously and having my foot in the door might be a blessing, also a curse... I sold my RAM to my manager and he just flipped that truck for more money. I took the car back from my mom that I bought her when she was broke to try and fix and drive after that and it's got like everything but the engine and tranny new on it at this point and wont start so.... idfk

The timing chain has to be off or fucked or it needs a new ecm and the one in it is preventing it from starting...One of the reg mechanics at the store is supposed to look at it at this point and make sure I'm not just being AM DIy'er, and if I'm right and he can't fix it for profit then my managers dad that sellls cars will work with me to pay off one of his...

Until then...Time for me to kick rocks on foot for some beer I guess. :LithiumSmileyIndifferent:

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
Yay!
  • Like 1

Wait list of shit replaced in that car:

battery

starter 

alternator

(above done in a shop and they called it fixed)

I replaced the spark plugs and ignition coil myself........didn't help at all. maybe the spark wires are bad. I didn't change those, but I've had so many actual supposed mechanics look at it that I do believe the engine needs to be pulled up and something's going on with the timing chain..I don;t have the tools or patience for shit like that atm though myself.

TLDR VERSION/

This shit is why mechanics are expensive if you just drop that shit off and expect it to be fixed when you come back. 

• Like 1

I've been watching a lot of car tuner youtube lately.

It's apparently very easy and fun to swap out engines.

I'm going to throw out a bunch of letters at you that are apparently engine names: LS, RB, SR, and JZ.

Any one of those is good, i'm told.

Whole thing should take you about forty, forty five minutes tops, with ad breaks.

• Haha 2

Car tubers are fun...Until you've seen almost all of them have to explain shit like that.  Oh my wrench broke and I had to go buy a new one, but for times sake this is what the part I couldn't do myself looks like after it's done.... (totally didn;t take it to the shop because that valve spring..) Or like (oh yeah remember when I couldn't get this off? Well I totally did I just used these shop tools, and just trust me my guy you don't want to actually see ME taking that off.)

Edited by PhilosipherStoned
  • Like 1

I get not wanting to but in general effort, but a lot of shit is easy as fuck to do...alternators are only bad in my experience on Japanese cars because my Honda, Mazda and Nissan all had alternators mounted under the engine, just to make them a bitch to get to.

Toughest thing I did on my own (and not sure if it was successful) was replace a fuel pump....my cousin "helped" but listening to him, we dropped the gas tank with a out a quarter tank of gas in it....not heavy on its own, but when it's sloshing back and forth as you're trying to evenly place it back into its...slot? It just makes for some real headaches.  That truck still doesn't run due to no engine compression per the dealer but I seriously don't know if we put that gas tank back right.

This was my long winded way of saying I can fix little shit that they try to charge hundreds for but I will pay hundreds to have someone else do shit now that I have no confidence in my actual skills 

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1