UnevenEdge

drag king

discolé monade

i can NOT get this out of my head. 

i submerged myself into the world of wonder and ru'paul for the last week (again)

and i just KNOW i can pull it off. cab calloway, robert dinero, ricky ricardo. 

i want to know if there are any drag queens/kings in here, and i want to pick your brain. 

i also need suits, i'm looking at 'zoot suits', the suit styles of the 40's, 50's. but that is kind of a safe play. 

i don't plan on showing, only binding. and i don't plan on stuffing (lol, i'd be ridiculous and try to shove an eggplant size thing down there)

i just want to try it. my friend says to go to shows, which i already plan, but they're only drag quens (still can learn plenty). i've been watching the youtubes, and i'm like, 'i look better than THAT'. 

the last time i latched onto somethng was watching all the seasons available of 'the great british bake off' and said, 'i can do that' and i did, and opened my own bakery/catering. 

• Like 1

You should've gone as Noel Fielding when he played Richmond Avenal in the I.T. Crowd for Halloween last night. *shrugs*

Edited by Gemini
I actually meant that as a good thing. I wasn't trying to insult you in any way whatsoever.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gemini said:

You should've gone as Noel Fielding when he played Richmond Avenal in the I.T. Crowd for Halloween last night. *shrugs*

YAS!!! another great character. 

so talking with my bgf, they say NO to the impressions, and just base characters off those personalities. 

also, how are you insulting me with this? not at all. 

i'm not gay. i mean....according to margaret cho's mum, we ALL a little gay, but i'm not, maybe 3% gay.

i know there's room for a straight drag king out there in the world. 

Edited by discolé monade
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

YAS!!! another great character. 

so talking with my bgf, they say NO to the impressions, and just base characters off those personalities. 

also, how are you insulting me with this? not at all. 

i'm not gay. i mean....according to margaret cho's mum, we ALL a little gay, but i'm not, maybe 3% gay.

i know there's room for a straight drag king out there in the world. 

Well, as soon as I posted it, I realized that the way I said what I said could've made it seem like I was being a little snarky.

Okay then. Just regular Noel Fielding then. (Though he always seems to be in some kind of character no matter what. lol)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Well, as soon as I posted it, I realized that the way I said what I said could've made it seem like I was being a little snarky.

Okay then. Just regular Noel Fielding then. (Though he always seems to be in some kind of character no matter what. lol)

but he's the absolute bee knees. i mean that. 

13 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

but he's the absolute bee knees. i mean that. 

Yes, he is. He most certainly is.

If I had a kid, I would've taken him or her trick or treating last night, though I probably would've dressed up as Matt Berry from What We Do in the Shadows. (Laszlo Cravensworth.)
"Well, I'm gonna take my hat back, you crispy piece of shit!" xD:LithiumSmileyLMAO::LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Edited by Gemini
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i LOVE what we do in the shadows.

and you could pull that off. 

I do, too. (Well, from what I've seen, at least. I really need to get Hulu so I can watch it from the beginning.)

Thank you. I was going to say I could totally pull off any character Matt Berry's ever played. I just need to be completely over the top with my delivery and make sure I include a nearly flawless English accent. I also need to get a wig because I'm losing my hair. Yay. ;_; lol

Edited by Gemini

6 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I do, too. (Well, from what I've seen, at least. I really need to get Hulu so I can watch it from the beginning.)

Thank you. I was going to say I could totally pull off any character Matt Berry's ever played. I just need to be completely over the top with my delivery and make sure I include a nearly flawless English accent. I also need to get a wig because I'm losing my hair. Yay. ;_; lol

i have to get wigs too. and face hair stuffs. and makeup. and boy clothes. 

my favorite it going to be the shoes. 

wing tips. yes please. so sexy. 

men have some sexy shoes too. 

does ANYONE work at men's warehouse, or any men's clothing? shoes? 

i need a discount. this is getting pricey. 

already looking at close to 1k JUST for initial wigs/hair/facial makings, chest plate(s), clothing/2decent suits, and a zoot suit, makeup, entry fees. 

of COURSE i'm hitting the good will, i know i can find some great polyester for the campy characters. 

see...i latch onto something, and i can NOT let it go!

lordt. 

5 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

does ANYONE work at men's warehouse, or any men's clothing? shoes? 

i need a discount. this is getting pricey. 

already looking at close to 1k JUST for initial wigs/hair/facial makings, chest plate(s), clothing/2decent suits, and a zoot suit, makeup, entry fees. 

of COURSE i'm hitting the good will, i know i can find some great polyester for the campy characters. 

see...i latch onto something, and i can NOT let it go!

lordt. 

Drag shows is a more expensive hobby than I would have thought.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Drag shows is a more expensive hobby than I would have thought.

they can be. 

i'm too stupid for my own good. which is WHY i could REALLY use a drag parent. i'm sure i'm only looking at the $$$pricier items, and i COULD probably settle for something cheaper. 

i.e.: the chest plate I"M looking at is almot 700$, but there are some out there for less than 200$. does it matter? i don't know.

you see...i need an adult. 

@ any mod, this can be moved into the TD, because i have now become fully obsessed with this idea, 

and i KNOW that peope are SICK of it.

i know i'm sick of my damn self. 

i'm up early BECAUSE I CAN'T GET MINNIE THE MOOCHER out of my  head.

i just woke up from a dream of a 'ball' and me coming out to that damn song. *no death drops were attempted in the making of that dream*

i'm going to try to find a few things today at the beauty supply, goodwill. 

• Like 1

got to evil mart and was OVERWHELMED in the makeup dept. 

i have an arm full of stuff, and after i was looking at it, i realized that this was WAY too much stuff, and i was rounding the corner at 200$. 

so....i politely put everything back, while fighting a mild panic attack. 

i don't need to go THAT strong. i dont' even have a strong makeup game normally. SO.....

after i collected my thoughts, and talked myself down, *was ready to just throw in the towel*, i headed to $5 and below to see if they even had makeup. they do. 

i'll go back next week, with my daughter, who will be able to help me with all the shades and contour colors, and keep me reeled in, because i was going to spend that $200. 

fingers crossed, i'll try my first makeup thing next week. 

OH, and i saw a mens store, that looked like it had 'jazzy' stuff. so i'll check them out too. meanwhile, i have some of the old man's clothes that i can alter, and play around with. 

• Like 2