UnevenEdge

ASMB - My second online community

moonmaster3

My first online community was a silly Hamtaro forum called HamHam Kingdom on invisionfree. Anyway, I still remember seeing the bumper, which had a post displayed from one of the users back in '05. I'd seen several bumpers about the ASMB prior, but that night a new episode of ATHF aired. It was the Mooninite episode where they played the game Moon Master. It's the origin of my namesake, and Moonmaster and Moonmaster2 were taken so i settled with Moonmaster3. I still use Moon in my screennames all over the place, usually it's just Moonie or Sailor Moonie now. A lot of great memories of the ASMB of old. And I can't forget the AIM groups, they were fun. I also had my first online relationship in the ASMB, with a user that went by FMA_and_T_fan_147. And I've always wondered whatever happened to them. And then there was Fullmetal_Pirate, and I won't get in to that lol.

ASMB will always and forever have a special place in my heart.

Much love - Moonie

• Like 1

My first internet community was actually MTV, way back in the late 90s to early 2000s. It was pretty cool. A few years later, I went to gamespot, but it was full of trolls and jerks, so I didn’t stay long. Same with the IGN boards. After that, in late ‘06, I went home to the ASMB for nearly 5 years. I’ve now been a UEMBer for about 1.5 years and counting.

Honestly, everything before the ASMB was pretty meaningless. I might’ve had a very small group of friends on one of those message boards, but nothing like this community.

• Like 1