UnevenEdge

You guys ever feel like no one cares about causes you care about

ghostrek

I feel that way at times and frankly the one I care most about this is then ableism as someone with  mental illness and been in special education.  as someone with learning disability or a cognitive disability whatever you want to call it That literally had a coworkers said hours apart that I was taking food out of their kids mouth and I'm also double dipping and stealing from the government I'm when I was on assistance?

And yet shows that like to discuss social issues don't  find this as a social issue or a political issue that needs to be explored. In my beloved Star Trek skirts this issue worse than back in the day back in the '90s when they skirt Back in the day when They never discussed homosexuality or AIDS directly

29 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Yes, there's that whole race issue we pretend doesn't exist while we try to eradicate slavery and black contributions from history.

Yes that is a horrible thing slavery did exist and a lot of African Americans contributed a lot to American history that I do  not deny

2 hours ago, Insipid said:

I bet your coworkers who said that vote Republican though, so don't mind them. That's why you have to be careful who you confide that kind of knowledge with. People just don't know how to approach ableism, unfortunately.

Actually I think they were both people who didn't vote and pissed off because that incident I was talking about was during the 2009-2015  when the economy in my area is not the greatest and people are on food stamps and some people can't get food stamps or other government assistance plus people are also very concerned about taxes going up or something I can't remember back then

17 hours ago, ghostrek said:

Actually I think they were both people who didn't vote and pissed off because that incident I was talking about was during the 2009-2015  when the economy in my area is not the greatest and people are on food stamps and some people can't get food stamps or other government assistance plus people are also very concerned about taxes going up or something I can't remember back then

They seem especially stupid and misinformed then. But if this isn't an active issue with your current coworkers, move on ghostie. There are times I wish I would have asserted myself more, but all I can do now is better respond with what I know now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Insipid said:

They seem especially stupid and misinformed then. But if this isn't an active issue with your current coworkers, move on ghostie. There are times I wish I would have asserted myself more, but all I can do now is better respond with what I know now.

@Insipid  it kind of is and isn't a active issue  at my current employer but it is a gray area of fundamentally.  This was  family problem with me and my well family when my brother got married to his first wife or even when they were dating I literally felt like I got demoted a few ranks in the family And none of my siblings parent or parents depending how you viewed my The man that I called my surrogate father.  they Did Jack shit to say I had a higher place than  she thought I had Somehow I was below My niece and nephew structure at least in my sister-in-law's eyes and apparently her will got done despite the fact she was married into the family and And I was already a member of the family and it's was difficult do at least have the respect due to me as an uncle. Would have been nice that my mom would have said yeah ghost tRex (brother let's call him that) do you see me disrespecting my aunts and uncles Do you disrespect yours. No and yet your children do. Unfortunately she did not to say face or whatever but fuck that she said have also said okay. She should have gone up to her siblings and say thanks to ghost track not being disrespected by his niece and nephew i'm telling my son's and daughters do not respect you. What would cause kind of a weird fight but kind of shows to make the point though sometimes the dramatics do work.   

ps  even with the premier yesterday of Star Trek lower decks new season At the main characters getting promoted to Lieutenant JG's in Starfleet Makes me think fuck can I have someone I can  admire in fiction that don't advance but still act hero if not knowing they will benefit from it or even they will suffer detriment becuse of it.  

Edited by ghostrek
  • Like 1

yes, I care deeply about fighting against all forms of oppression so I'm at odds with most people on a lot of issues. fighting ableism is where i see this is disregarded a lot and having my own learning disability, in addition to being autistic and having chronic pain, ableism is probably the issue that has affected me the most in my life. i mean, i could die in a violent hate crime for being trans, but being trans isn't what nearly killed me in the past. it was being incompatible with society, not knowing why, and being bullied for not measuring up to functionally standards I'm just not equipped to meet, especially by family. 

learning not to hold myself to those standards was vital in learning to be happy, but my family still has shitty, ableist people i have to deal with. one in particular is wondering why she doesn't ever hear from me and I'm not sure how to approach the situation when i next see her in person. i don't know if i can play nice, especially if she asks directly why i don't talk to her. i don't want to explain how she hurt me because she won't care and isn't strong enough to take responsibility for her the harm her behaviors cause. i do think i can hurt her feelings, and she deserves it, but i don't think that really makes anything better and will just hurt others too.. sigh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lynnrael said:

yes, I care deeply about fighting against all forms of oppression so I'm at odds with most people on a lot of issues. fighting ableism is where i see this is disregarded a lot and having my own learning disability, in addition to being autistic and having chronic pain, ableism is probably the issue that has affected me the most in my life. i mean, i could die in a violent hate crime for being trans, but being trans isn't what nearly killed me in the past. it was being incompatible with society, not knowing why, and being bullied for not measuring up to functionally standards I'm just not equipped to meet, especially by family. 

learning not to hold myself to those standards was vital in learning to be happy, but my family still has shitty, ableist people i have to deal with. one in particular is wondering why she doesn't ever hear from me and I'm not sure how to approach the situation when i next see her in person. i don't know if i can play nice, especially if she asks directly why i don't talk to her. i don't want to explain how she hurt me because she won't care and isn't strong enough to take responsibility for her the harm her behaviors cause. i do think i can hurt her feelings, and she deserves it, but i don't think that really makes anything better and will just hurt others too.. sigh

yeah this is a movement that is arguably moving uphill not other activists eating with similar disorders as us want to fight for the cause @Lynnrael

On 9/7/2023 at 1:25 AM, ghostrek said:

I feel that way at times and frankly the one I care most about this is then ableism as someone with  mental illness and been in special education.  as someone with learning disability or a cognitive disability whatever you want to call it That literally had a coworkers said hours apart that I was taking food out of their kids mouth and I'm also double dipping and stealing from the government I'm when I was on assistance?

And yet shows that like to discuss social issues don't  find this as a social issue or a political issue that needs to be explored. In my beloved Star Trek skirts this issue worse than back in the day back in the '90s when they skirt Back in the day when They never discussed homosexuality or AIDS directly

Hi, o/

I have a disability as well. Though I feel, and have been told, that I am very high functioning. The major issue with that is some people have assumed that I'm virtue seeking if I'm trying to show empathy, or putting on a ruse in order to scam people out of their money for just being who I am. I try to carry on the best way I can but sometimes I'm not so perfect because my fight or flight instinct gets the best of me. I can tell that you seem to have the same problem as I do when it comes to being civil but getting nothing but grief in return. I think that it is the same with a lot of people when it comes to what they belief as opposed to something that needs to be analyzed and understood. They feel so threatened by the fact that they may be wrong about something they will ride their presumptions despite how foolish it makes them look. It certainly doesn't get any better with mob mentality either. It doesn't matter who they are politically, spite and vindictiveness will always find a way in people who are selfish control freaks. As long as you are true to yourself and you come from a place that shows respect and justice for all, you will always be the better person than any political hypocrite.

Edited by FreeRoamingVapor

19 hours ago, FreeRoamingVapor said:

Hi, o/

I have a disability as well. Though I feel, and have been told, that I am very high functioning. The major issue with that is some people have assumed that I'm virtue seeking if I'm trying to show empathy, or putting on a ruse in order to scam people out of their money for just being who I am. I try to carry on the best way I can but sometimes I'm not so perfect because my fight or flight instinct gets the best of me. I can tell that you seem to have the same problem as I do when it comes to being civil but getting nothing but grief in return. I think that it is the same with a lot of people when it comes to what they belief as opposed to something that needs to be analyzed and understood. They feel so threatened by the fact that they may be wrong about something they will ride their presumptions despite how foolish it makes them look. It certainly doesn't get any better with mob mentality either. It doesn't matter who they are politically, spite and vindictiveness will always find a way in people who are selfish control freaks. As long as you are true to yourself and you come from a place that shows respect and justice for all, you will always be the better person than any political hypocrite.

@FreeRoamingVapor ok thank you

• Thanks 1