UnevenEdge

Wheel of Time

DragonSinger

Season 2 was an upgrade so we getting a thread on the show in this bitch:

Is the first season perfect? No. But it's decent enought that I held on for the second season and am being rewarded for that choice. The first season has some rushing issues, so it doesn't drag at the beginning. Also, while there is rushing, you can tell that's the studio not letting showrunners have the time they needed to flesh out things because there are some really well done scenes where you can see the person behind the camera knew what they were doing but their hands were tied. Not to mention the workaround to replacing a major character at the end of the 1st season.

As for the second season, we're getting a lot less rushing, and I am so surprised they managed to do the Seanchan really well. The concept of the Seanchan and how they were described in the books seemed hard to pull off, but I love their costumes and you know off jump these folks ain't fucking around. 

Yes, there are a lot of changes(some I don't agree with like Perrin's new reason for being pacifistic at the start), but this story can handle that because there needed to be a lot of changes. There are way too many fucking characters and some storylines that were redundant as fuck in the books. A completely accurate adaptation isn't feasible. The time it would take to film that would be a no-go for most actors, and there isn't enough money for that. And while I was able to slog through entire WoT novel slowdowns, the audience ain't sticking around for that.

As a fan of the books who has realistic expectations, the most important parts for me are the characters portrayed accurately and that the main gist of their journey is translated well. The second season is delivering on that, so I'm happy and looking forward to more episode releases.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...