UnevenEdge

Farmers Impact Earth’s Axis….

1pooh4u

Did my post get removed or did I think better of it. 

I could swear I said something but don't wanna do it again if it's gonna get deleted.

It was kinda tongue and cheek but I don't think it was bad enough to be removed

But I legit just mighta said nah and forgot

Edited by André Toulon
  • Haha 4

in my environmental sciences class i took OH SO MANY moons ago, (post 'inconvenient truth'), this was a topic of great discussion, even then. specifically, in the u.s. where farmers are no longer 'poor famers' they are subsidized by the u.s. to grow food products for export. thus creating 'industrial ranching/farming/et al.' the amount of resources for these farms need to stay in operation, while simultaneously avoiding most regulations; local to fed (which are sometimes even written TO allow farmers to exploit those natural resources) once upon a time, i wanted to be an enviromental engineer. because of the above mentioned documentary, and...(you'll lol), 'the day after tomorrow') i switched majors XD

Edited by discolé monade
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

Did my post get removed or did I think better of it. 

I could swear I said something but don't wanna do it again if it's gonna get deleted.

It was kinda tongue and cheek but I don't think it was bad enough to be removed

But I legit just mighta said nah and forgot

I have no idea what you’re talking about you probably never posted it. Not probably. You didn’t post it here 😆

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

in my environmental sciences class i took OH SO MANY moons ago, (post 'inconvient truth'), this was a topic of great discussion, even then. specifically, in the u.s. where farmers are no longer 'poor famers' they are subsidized by the u.s. to grow food products for export. thus creating 'industrial ranching/farming/et al.' the amount of resources for these farms need to stay in operation, while simultaneously avoiding most regulations; local to fed (which are sometimes even written TO allow farmers to exploit those natural resources) once upon a time, i wanted to be an enviromental engineer. because of the above mentioned documentary, and...(you'll lol), 'the day after tomorrow') i switched majors XD

Our planet does wobble or switch poles from time to time but damn a lot of tons of liquid was removed from the earth’s aquifers it would not be surprising if that leads to long term consequences. 
lol at best there’s a new argument for why being vegan is not the high holy ethical choice that they think it is. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Our planet does wobble or switch poles from time to time but damn a lot of tons of liquid was removed from the earth’s aquifers it would not be surprising if that leads to long term consequences. 
lol at best there’s a new argument for why being vegan is not the high holy ethical choice that they think it is. 

this particular argument is missing how shelf mining, gas mining, specifically shale gas has impacted this shift as well.

• Like 3

we were warned. 

in the 70's, ^we^ laughed and mocked the crying native, and the singing owl, and disregarded the bear with an impartiality to fire. 

we ignored it when a former vice president assisted with bringing the information to the masses.

and in OUR hubris....we ignore all the signs. and will continue to do so. 

• Thanks 2

Man, I really wish I could still be here when we all die at the same time. I hope that an incensed mob kills all the Uber rich trying to flee the planet first. That’s gonna be a totally badass time to be alive….and then quickly dead. 

• Haha 3