UnevenEdge

My Adventures with Superman set to premiere July 6 at midnight with a two episode premier

Jman

On 6/5/2023 at 11:54 AM, OwlChemist81 said:

Be that as it may, it will still be really interesting to see what Toonami does with this show. If Toonami CAN expand to 11 PM in 3Q 2023, [as] may try slotting it there (not to mention a full-season Unicorn: Warriors Eternal marathon on 7/1 from 11-4). That way, we can get a new show at 12 AM that week and perhaps another one at 11:30 the following week (like FLCL Shoegaze, maybe?) while Dr. Stone stays at 12:30.

But if that isn't the case, Dr. Stone HAS to move down to 1, but for how long? Will we get a one-hour finale of UWE on 6/22 too? If so, that would actually begin Dr. Stone's move down and maybe even knock MHA off the schedule.

Hopefully Toonami DOES get to expand in July and we get a 4-or even 5-hour block! Provided I can still stay awake for the whole thing anymore (I'm struggling with Naruto and MHA these days), I'd love to see this:

7/1 - UWE Full show 11 PM-4 AM (or maybe even 11-4:30 if they start with Episode 10)

7/8 - 11 PM Supes x2, 12 AM New Show, 12:30 Dr. Stone, 1 AM One Piece, 1:30 Shippuden, 2 AM MHA, 2:30 UWE, 3 AM Primal S1 x2

7/15 and after - 11 PM Supes, 11:30 & 12 AM New Shows, 1 AM One Piece, 1:30 Shippuden, 2 AM MHA, 2:30 UWE, 3 AM Primal S1 x2

Meanwhile, 7/7 on Fridays, I would love to see them ditch KOTH completely and try Supes and Venture Brothers back-to-back from 7-9 PM? Maybe even keeping the theme going by adding MHA S6 reruns at 6 PM in September?

Are you sure that the Unicorn marathon on 7/1 is starting at 11?

If it is, then I'm VERY good at making fantasy schedules and could see this happen:

11:00: My Adventures with Superman; 11:30: new anime; 12:00: Dr. Stone; 12:30: One Piece; 1:00: Naruto Shippuden; 1:30: My Hero Academia; 2:00: Food Wars; 2:30: Unicorn: Warriors Eternal

Or just keeping it 12-3 apply everything except Food Wars.

We have summaries for the first five episodes:

https://www.tvpassport.com/series/my-adventures-with-superman/5630148

Spoiler

1-1

Adventures of a Normal Man: Jul. 7, 2023 Clark Kent builds his secret Superman identity and embraces his role as the hero of Metropolis, while sharing adventures and falling in love with Lois, a journalist, who also takes Jimmy Olsen under her wing.

1-2

My Interview with Superman: Jul. 14, 2023 Lois wants to interview Superman and Clark must figure out how to help her while protecting his secret identity! Meanwhile, criminal ring INTERGANG gets their hands on unstable weapons, and a mysterious organization plots in the shadows.

1-3

Let's Go to Ivo Tower, You Say: Jul. 21, 2023 Clark, Lois, and Jimmy cover a glitzy gala hosted by tech-billionaire Dr. Ivo - but while Clark and Lois wonder if this counts as a date, Ivo unleashes his newest invention: a creation that can bring down Superman!

1-4

You Will Believe a Man Can Lie: Jul. 28, 2023 Lois uncovers a secret in Metropolis and is determined to get to the truth. Meanwhile, Superman tracks down dangerous weapons in the city…and finds himself in the crosshairs of mysterious organization Task Force X.

1-5

My Adventures With Mad Science: Aug. 4, 2023 When Jimmy gets kidnapped, it's up to Lois and Clark to save him - but rescuing Jimmy will lead them into danger as they deal with mad scientists, military secrets, and relationship woes!

41 minutes ago, Jman said:

Sounds like a dud.  

Not sure what anyone was expecting. It’s important to not forget this is something heavily sanitized for CN run. The odds of it making an impact with that limitation were always pretty low. 

What I expect from this is a bit of fanartist engagement for tomboy Lois during its run, then it will just fade away into obscurity. Of course, if Toonami doesn’t beat it’s reruns to death. 

22 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Not sure what anyone was expecting. It’s important to not forget this is something heavily sanitized for CN run. The odds of it making an impact with that limitation were always pretty low. 

What I expect from this is a bit of fanartist engagement for tomboy Lois during its run, then it will just fade away into obscurity. Of course, if Toonami doesn’t beat it’s reruns to death. 

When the reviews actively compare the show to the dumpster fire that was the She-Ra reboot, and the rest of the world just waits to see who will be the new Superman in the big reboot, this thing is a sign of a desperate block.  Invincible this is not.

55 minutes ago, Jman said:

When the reviews actively compare the show to the dumpster fire that was the She-Ra reboot, and the rest of the world just waits to see who will be the new Superman in the big reboot, this thing is a sign of a desperate block.  Invincible this is not.

Aren’t a couple big She-Ra names working on this as well? That’s probably where the comparison comes from

19 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Aren’t a couple big She-Ra names working on this as well? That’s probably where the comparison comes from

Given Toonami’s demographics, this is essentially guaranteeing a flop.  I know it wasn’t Toonami’s choice, this is DeMarco doing a solid for the corporate overlords, but yeesh.

Edited by Jman

• 2 weeks later...