UnevenEdge

One Piece On Toonami

At this point it just feels like one piece is a filler show on the block

but one that's very confusing because it's never gone back to double episodes even when the schedule has been as lackluster as it is now

and it really needs more than a single episode with how crappy it's pacing is

• Confused 1
  • D'oh 1

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

At this point it just feels like one piece is a filler show on the block

but one that's very confusing because it's never gone back to double episodes even when the schedule has been as lackluster as it is now

and it really needs more than a single episode with how crappy it's pacing is

It’s rumored once this arc is over we’ll find out what their next course of action is for the show.  Anyone have a set date for that?

• Confused 1

It’s been a filler show since the day it came back. They just aren’t using it to fill as much time now.

21 minutes ago, Jman said:

It’s rumored once this arc is over we’ll find out what their next course of action is for the show.  Anyone have a set date for that?

I believe 13 more weeks, not accounting for marathon delays 

4 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It’s been a filler show since the day it came back. They just aren’t using it to fill as much time now.

I believe 13 more weeks, not accounting for marathon delays 

So accounting for a few marathons, the show will end right around the end of August, when One Piece Live Action is rumored to debut.  That puts the show in quite a unique position.

It's glorified filler that they keep on because they like it.

Some people say Toonami got 150 episodes initially but I can't find a source for that at all. That said, I don't think they only acquired up to the end of Punk Hazard but its hard to say at this point.

But what about this other rumor Jman? Where'd that come from?

10 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Some people say Toonami got 150 episodes initially but I can't find a source for that at all. That said, I don't think they only acquired up to the end of Punk Hazard but its hard to say at this point.

The website What’s on Netflix posted the rumored date.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/live-action-one-piece-series-everything-we-know-02-2023/

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

I Can't really see one piece leaving the block again not anytime soon anyways

because Toei still seems to care a lot about american cable tv hence why One Piece was able to return

I could see it leaving it they are afraid of Dressrosa. If we stay at one episode per week, by the time we finish Shippuden, we won’t even be halfway through Dressrosa.

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

I find that hard to believe. 150 episode is a gigantic risk. We know from Boruto that they got 52 episodes, I think it’s safe to assume they did the same with OP, or they just bought entire arc sized chunks as a trial run. Now the incoming issue they have is Dressrosa is 2x the size, so if they did buy by the arc, that might make them a little nervous.

1 minute ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I could see it leaving it they are afraid of Dressrosa. If we stay at one episode per week, by the time we finish Shippuden, we won’t even be halfway through Dressrosa.

I find that hard to believe. 150 episode is a gigantic risk. We know from Boruto that they got 52 episodes, I think it’s safe to assume they did the same with OP, or they just bought entire arc sized chunks as a trial run. Now the incoming issue they have is Dressrosa is 2x the size, so if they did buy by the arc, that might make them a little nervous.

It's not like they have anything better to use in that time slot and more reruns wouldn't be a good look for the block right now

33 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Yeah it's a slog. Maybe by then they will double up again. Who can say?

They'd have to double up otherwise like you said it'll be a frustrating slog

2 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

It's not like they have anything better to use in that time slot and more reruns wouldn't be a good look for the block right now

IMO this choice will boil down to their long term plans. If they don’t have a 2 and half year plan for Toonami, it doesn’t make much sense to start Dressrosa. If they do, it will stay. 

On 5/13/2023 at 9:52 PM, Toonamiguy321 said:

IMO this choice will boil down to their long term plans. If they don’t have a 2 and half year plan for Toonami, it doesn’t make much sense to start Dressrosa. If they do, it will stay. 

toei probably wants one piece on toonami so i doubt they'll price the show out of toonami's budget

again there isn't anything better they can put in that time slot and more reruns are just gonna send the wrong message

so they'll come to some kind of agreement for more episodes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1