UnevenEdge

Harry Potter TV show reboot is a go at Max after Hogwarts Legacy made all the money

Jman

7 hours ago, naraku360 said:

I thought nobody liked that one anyway.

The book?  No, but the play has been quite popular for several years, having extended its Broadway residency several times.

Radcliffe has been very public in his condemnation of Rowling’s stances on the transgender community, so this is just throwing them all to the curb there as well.

14 hours ago, Jman said:

The book?  No, but the play has been quite popular for several years, having extended its Broadway residency several times.

Radcliffe has been very public in his condemnation of Rowling’s stances on the transgender community, so this is just throwing them all to the curb there as well.

Huh, I'd aways heard all versions were between bad and mediocre.

I mean, Rowling is an awful person on the whole. Like opening a shelter for rape victims.... that rejects women for not looking womanly enough kind of awful person. So, I don't really think Radcliffe is in the wrong.

I doubt any of the kids from the movies is interested in returning for an HBO Max reboot. They’ve all grown up, moved onto their own projects, and are likely uninterested in being attached to the negative reputation that JK brought to the franchise. 

I’m sure the reboot is getting the thumbs up from JK and Zaslev because it’s an opportunity to replace The Trevor Project’s most famous ambassador from the Harry Potter branding now that JK is an anti-trans influencer,

If the show adds in her latest retcons and slots in actors who aren’t openly empathetic towards trans people, it appeases JK and gives WB Discovery a cheap, easy, lazy way to repurpose HP without having to make up any new Hogwarts properties.

You also gather the same hatewatchers that made Velma a success.