UnevenEdge

Who wants some real shit?

Still Me

so…my moms on hospice. I think I may have mentioned this before, but I'm not sure. I need to start dealing more with that and being involved in her care both emotionally and financially.

Im moving in with a new beau, and we’re almost done. The only thing left in the old place is the bed and some dishes. But the hurdle here was the lease of the old place. It’s technically not up until July, but seeing as I have to be there for my mother I asked the leasing company to see what if anything they could do to help me terminate my lease early. And this is where the fun begins:

I go into the leasing office and speak to the property manager and explain the situation I’m in and ask her for help. (For starters, she didn’t even know what hospice was) She tells me that I have to email her all my mothers hospice paperwork, which technically violates my mothers hipaa…so…frowny face…

so she sends my request up and it comes back denied, but in the email she says “If you need a break down of costs let me know.” So I send back another email stating that I would indeed like a break down of cost for early termination. And over the span of 3 weeks I sent a total of 4 emails still requesting and not receiving this information she offered.

fast forward to yesterday I fly into the office like a bat out of hell and immediately start into this woman about her leaving me on read. To which she tells me “I didn’t leave you on read, I didn’t even read them.” So I hit full karen and told her I want the break down of costs in my hand and the email of her supervisor. Then she tells me “the costs are in your lease, you can look it up”. 

But as dumb luck would have it, her corporate rep walked in and I turned to her and said “you’re from corporate? I’ve been waiting for an email from this woman for 3 weeks and then she has the audacity to tell me she hasn’t bothered to read the emails, and that I need to locate my lease to find my answer.” 

After explaining everything to the corporate lady, she back dates my 60 day notice to 2/16 and waives all my early lease penalties. 

• Like 5

Some people are just the worst.

Considering how 'hot' the rental market is right now, there should be no problem finding another renter in the area which is usually the excuse given for why people can't break lease. 

Then again, considering the whole 'never even read' thing going on, if there's any issues with getting new renters, it's probably 100% on that person. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, katt_goddess said:

Some people are just the worst.

Considering how 'hot' the rental market is right now, there should be no problem finding another renter in the area which is usually the excuse given for why people can't break lease. 

Then again, considering the whole 'never even read' thing going on, if there's any issues with getting new renters, it's probably 100% on that person. 

Yeah fuck that lady. What sucks here is that I had signed my original lease with another company that got bought out by the current. I don’t have access to a lease anymore from the previous company and since I didn’t sign one from them it’s all up in no mans land. Mind you this new company that took over has had 3 different property managers in less than a year. 

Just now, Raptorpat said:

do you have any tea on whether anything happened to property manager lady? strange world where someone from corporate turns out to be the hero.

Right? All the lady told me was that she would talk to her, that she shouldn’t have ‘dropped the mic like that’

1 minute ago, Still Me said:

Right? All the lady told me was that she would talk to her, that she shouldn’t have ‘dropped the mic like that’

yeah, similar story here. after I had e. coli in college, my mother was dealing with someone from the state DOH as they were trying to trace it. at one point, she called the person about it and my mom said she said something to her snidely like "I haven't worked on your case in months" in a totally needless mic-drop fashion.

like... ok lady?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

yeah, similar story here. after I had e. coli in college, my mother was dealing with someone from the state DOH as they were trying to trace it. at one point, she called the person about it and my mom said she said something to her snidely like "I haven't worked on your case in months" in a totally needless mic-drop fashion.

like... ok lady?

What cunts