UnevenEdge

Tea Time

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

.....see, I thought it was just me. 

I only recently started drinking tea, but I love peach and Snapple is falsely delicious most of the time...

But that shit sucks

I've never really been a big fan of Snapple in general.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

.....see, I thought it was just me. 

I only recently started drinking tea, but I love peach and Snapple is falsely delicious most of the time...

But that shit sucks

I’m not a fan of peach at all, which is weird since I’m a born-and-bred Georgia boy. Only reason I drank it is because I was a little desperate and it was the only thing I could find.

9 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

I've never really been a big fan of Snapple in general.

I’m not a fan of pre-bottled tea at all. I usually brew my own, but I didn’t have any at the time. I do now.

54 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I’m not a fan of peach at all, which is weird since I’m a born-and-bred Georgia boy. Only reason I drank it is because I was a little desperate and it was the only thing I could find.

I’m not a fan of pre-bottled tea at all. I usually brew my own, but I didn’t have any at the time. I do now.

I'm with you.  I have this loose leave black, ginger, peach tea that I make myself and it's pretty good.  Snapple puts the peach in a sweet tea, and I can't stand sweet teas.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Sweet is the only way I like tea. 😛

Likewise. I've tried drinking unsweet tea a lot and I just can't do it. I have to have some kind of sweetner in it that isn't stevia or doesn't contain aspartame. So something like Splenda is perfect.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Sweet is the only way I like tea. 😛

It's not really tea at that point, though.  I have this electric tea kettle that has an automatic basket on it, so I have a ton of control in how I can make teas, so I end up augmenting regular green teas with natural dried fruit.  That's about as sweet as I will get.

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's not really tea at that point, though.  I have this electric tea kettle that has an automatic basket on it, so I have a ton of control in how I can make teas, so I end up augmenting regular green teas with natural dried fruit.  That's about as sweet as I will get.

As previously stated, I am a Georgia boy. We put sugar in virtually everything. I’m just not a fan of fruit in tea, unless it’s lemon.

5 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I love raspberry tea, but I don't think I know how to make it. Have you made it before?

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

As previously stated, I am a Georgia boy. We put sugar in virtually everything. I’m just not a fan of fruit in tea, unless it’s lemon.

You wouldn't be if you had that much sugar in it.   My gf likes Arnold Palmers, which is basically just lemonade with tea added in, but she acquired a taste for sweet tea somewhere along the line.

3 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

I love raspberry tea, but I don't think I know how to make it. Have you made it before?

I have not.  It just depends on what dried or candied fruit you can find.  I have pineapple for instance that's been dried and sugared, and pieces of that work decently with a more bitter black tea.

7 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

You wouldn't be if you had that much sugar in it.   My gf likes Arnold Palmers, which is basically just lemonade with tea added in, but she acquired a taste for sweet tea somewhere along the line.

I don’t like a LOT of sugar in my tea, but I do like it sweet. Same goes with lemon juice. Just a light squeeze.

Damn, I didn’t realize my innocent comment about Snapple was going to spark such a serious debate. 😂

50 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I don’t like a LOT of sugar in my tea, but I do like it sweet. Same goes with lemon juice. Just a light squeeze.

Damn, I didn’t realize my innocent comment about Snapple was going to spark such a serious debate. 😂

Using a coffee maker, I brew 12 cups of tea using 12 teabags where the coffee grounds/filter would go. I use a mesuring cup to put a full cup of sugar in a pitcher, then when I pour the tea in there, I stir to dissolve the sugar, then add water until it comes to up to a gallon. For me, it's super strong and juuuuuust sweet enough for me to drink. (Scoob might think I'm nuts for doing that, but I've heard of people making it even sweeter without making it as strong.)

Edited by hornedlizardman

5 minutes ago, hornedlizardman said:

Using a coffee maker, I brew 12 cups of tea using 12 teabags where the coffee grounds/filter would go. I use a mesuring cup to put a full cup of sugar in a pitcher, then when I pour the tea in there, I stir to dissolve the sugar, then add water until it comes to up to a gallon. For me, it's super strong and juuuuuust sweet enough for me to drink. (Scoob might think I'm nuts for doing that, but I've heard of people making it even sweeter without making it as strong.)

I do mine pretty similarly. I boil a pot of water on the stove with 4 to 6 tea bags. I also add a full cup of sugar (while it’s boiling). Then, pour it in a gallon jug and fill it the rest of the way with water. Give it a little shake and it’s good to go.

1 hour ago, hornedlizardman said:

Simple syrup is about 3/4 cup of sugar per 1 cup of water, so you don’t want to go much past that.

21 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Simple syrup is about 3/4 cup of sugar per 1 cup of water, so you don’t want to go much past that.

No, you misunderstand me. I only use a cup of sugar to make a gallon of tea. Like an ounce of sugar per pint of tea.

7 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

I know.

Okay, fair. But you don't have to worry about me, man. I'm good. I'm not like a lot of these places who make weak tea and dump in three cups of sugar. I've had to ask for half sweet, half unsweet and mix it just to dilute the sweetness before. It's maddening.