UnevenEdge

Netflix releases short “The Dog and the Boy” with AI doing the backgrounds, kicks off massive debate

Jman

Netflix and the studios are claiming that this will help alleviate a labor shortage (since the anime industry is notoriously overworked as demand for anime skyrockets) by allowing AI to make backgrounds and a single animator to clean up what is made rather than have six people do the backgrounds.

Somewhere Miyazaki is ready to burn things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Yeah, that would be nice.  Of course with every streamer asking for stuff because of the reliable returns, and all these light novel companies asking for returns, it’s a lot.  Too much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonSinger said:

The only reason this didn't annoy me was because I'm already irked by the Linkin Park disappointment.

I'll add on to this because this annoyed me for a different reason than the six finger nonsense in the Linkin Park vid. Netflix I think built their own AI using past work from their company. Aside from whatever all that entails, I'm more bothered that I felt nothing while watching any of that The Dog and the Boy video. I could guess what was going to happen, and it just felt so boring. The dog looks kind of bad to me too, and I usually give a lot of leeway to the way even robot animals look.