UnevenEdge

12/3 Lineup: ????

CountFrylock

once again....we find ourselves wondering what next week's toonami lineup will be

tonight's lineup was a last minute mha marathon and since there was no promo for anything except that MIA Promo from last week

it seems like we might get another last minute marathon....i know made in abyss's promo said it comes on next saturday but that's what it said last time and we saw how that turned out

8 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It's like you've already forgotten that we had shows get announced less than a week before their premiere at the start of this year. If we don't hear anything about what's coming in by Thursday, then I'll be concerned.

My Problem is at this point if MHA S6 is announced then It'll only be marketed by The Toonami facebook page

and if you don't keep up with that or toonami fan accounts who do then You'd have no idea MHA S6 would be coming to the block very soon

1 hour ago, Jman said:

The days of months of heads up, Peter Cullen narrated promos are long gone.  In their place is down to the wire negotiations and trying to find something that isn’t controlled by the Sony monopoly or just bought outright by Netflix.

did toonami forget MHA was under crunchyroll/sony?....Sentai is clearly an option and yet they decided to waste time trying to convince sony to let them have my hero academia

54 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

The way you say that, it's like you think they never pursued options from Sentai this year. Just because their priorities aren't squared on Sentai, it doesn't mean they're giving them the cold shoulder 100%.

I'd have no brains if i did think that because that would require me forgetting made in abyss exists and had it's second season debut on the block

no what I'm saying is that it's weird toonami wouldn't look at sentai again or viz for the lead spot but instead approach the company Jason Demarco has vented about in the past and several months ago tweeted about how unlikely it was that anything sony owned would air on the block moving forward(he did say never say never but overall he didn't seem all that confident in Sony cooperating)

If they don’t have anything again this week, I don’t think they will double dip on a marathon again. We already have 2 guaranteed marathons in December, any more will really get people worried. 

Not sure what they would cover the slot with though. They already advertised MiA for 12:30, so nothing can really double up to cover the time. That said, they had no issue backing out on MiA last week so it could happen again. 

We got the marathon reveal early Monday, so hopefully the same will apply for this schedule change.