UnevenEdge

Home Improvement was a show based around mocking toxic masculinity. Is it just me or do the majority of people seem to come away with the exact opposite message from that?

SwimModSponges

You see a lot of Tim Allen worship these days. People harkening back to the days when  men were men and they fixed things and worked on cars and were sweaty and greasy and argh argh argh, to quote the character Tim Taylor's brilliant catchphrase.

Tim Taylor is an idiot. He's a clown. He's a literal buffoon. The show makes a point to show him as an idiot who is a danger to himself and others due to the very traits these Allenites ascribe to.

You know who the show points to as having the 'correct' POV? Tim's hippy neighbor who encourages him to cast off society's oppressive expectations for what masculinity should be.

These cultists have gotten it backwards, and I've got half a mind to drive out to their compound and nail my theses to their door to tell them so.

Martin Luther style. Pull a protestant reformation on them.

Eh that'd probably get me shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1