UnevenEdge

Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm Discussion

OwlChemist81

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Why are the Asian girl's eyes completely black? x_x

Yeah, I saw that too, guess that was a mistake that just never got fixed since this would have generally been watched in low res Standard Definition after that theater run since we didn't have HD tvs yet back then.

Guess it ended up all black since this show was done on black paper.

Edited by DangerMouse

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I saw that too, guess that was a mistake that just never got fixed since this would have generally been watched in low res Standard Definition after that theater run since we didn't have HD tvs yet back then.

Was it a mistake?  It through the whole scene and not just one shot.  Really odd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Was it a mistake?  It through the whole scene and not just one shot.  Really odd.

That's all I can think of since like you said it was really odd.

And if they didn't complete the drawing maybe it could have ended up black due to the black paper?

Edited by DangerMouse

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

What the heck is this?  Prototype Batman?  I thought he came with the bat idea before he tried fighting crime.

Hmm, trying to think....I think it varies from version to version if he goes out at all before he finishes the suit.

I remember Batman Begins had him go out the first time before finishing the suit too, when he went to Gordon.

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Hmm, trying to think....I think it varies from version to version if he goes out at all before he finishes the suit.

I remember Batman Begins had him go out the first time before finishing the suit too, when he went to Gordon.

Oh ok.  I thought the original origin had him with the suit fully made before going out.  But I might be remembering wrong.

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  I thought the original origin had him with the suit fully made before going out.  But I might be remembering wrong.

Yeah, I don't remember if it was implied otherwise before, or somewhere during BTAS.

And it's probably been both as I wouldn't be surprised if there are a bunch of them that do have him wait until the suit's made lol.