UnevenEdge

The 9/24 Schedule for toonami has been revealed

CountFrylock

13 minutes ago, korosu said:

schedule has not been revealed. what's the primal episode?

Dunno but I’m guessing “The Primal Theory” as sort of a coda to the series. Any other episode would make less sense unless they are having it rerun in October (not at midnight).

Well I don’t think anyone is shedding a tear about Black Lotus getting pulled after rerunning just 5 episodes.

So here’s the interesting thing about this unexpected schedule change. This will have double MiA ending on October 15th along with Lupin (MiA extends Toonami to 4:30am to air the double length episode). That makes three slots cleared on October 22nd and that would be perfect for preempting the ongoing shounen to air Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul before starting season 2 as Lupin’s replacement. So maybe that’s the plan.

Edited by Sketch
  • Thanks 3

My guess is that they're trying to run out the rerun with Lupin the 3rd to air the Made In Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul 2020 movie from 1-3:30 AM on October 22nd (followed by PRIMAL #11 or whatever), then let Housing Complex C take over October 29th, followed by the premiere of MiA S2 at 1 AM on November 5th, the end of Daylight Savings Time, when [as] gets an extra hour. (HCC would be at 3 AM and PRIMAL at 3:30 AM that night after an hour of specials at the 2nd 2 AM, or an obscure movie would air at the 2nd 2 AM and the reruns would be pushed to November 12th.)

Hey Sketch, great minds think alike!

Edited by OwlChemist81

“The Primal Theory” just makes sense

So they’re going to replay episode 5 instead of running 6 and 7? I guess they want episode 13 to air 3-4 instead of 3:30-4:30 and to make the rerun last one more week. That puts it out of sync with Lupin but maybe they’ll double up YashaHime on the 22nd of October.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:14 PM, Sketch said:

Dunno but I’m guessing “The Primal Theory” as sort of a coda to the series. Any other episode would make less sense unless they are having it rerun in October (not at midnight).

Nice call. This episode makes too much sense not to air as a belated finale. The only reason it wasn't the actual finale was because it'd feel underwhelming.

So MiA now airs its double-length finale on October 22. I'm thinking they'll have another double shot of Shippuden that day to fill Lupin's slot. All signs now point to October 29 as the day they premiere Dawn of the Deep Soul, maybe with a Housing Complex C marathon before or after, and I'm really hoping this happens because it would be vindication (sweet, sweet vindication... not to be confused with the ship) for putting off watching the movie for so long. Too bad I don't think I'll be able to watch it live, because I usually work on Sundays.

• Like 2

I am definitely excited to see an hour long block of MiA to close out Toonami. I really like to new season and hope that they will get Dawn of the Deep Soul and  maybe even season 2. Seems like things might be pointing more in that direction? Probably can't expect both but would still be nice. 

Also really excited about Housing Complex C next weekend. As I believe, it is an original, so I will be going into to knowing nothing aside from the PV's. Very excited to see some dark stuff airing on the block for the Halloween season!

• Thanks 1