UnevenEdge

You know what really triggers my OCD?

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

I actually do wish they were switched, the angry folder should always be below the general folder.

See, part of the structural change was to divorce current events discussions generally with the inherent angry and bitter vibe of the old format. And aside from a few needless nonsubstantive call-outs here and there, I think the more "vanilla" format is working a whole lot better for that content so far. 

Instead of quarantining all the news topics and discussions and upset people, this format allows CE topics to flourish a little more and it allows people to not have to switch to a quarantine folder just because they want to post a one-off angry thread. So to the extent that there's no designated "angry folder" anymore and people are now free to be angry wherever appropriate, Noise is at the bottom as the catchall, and GD is at the bottom of the bottom because it's the catchall of the catchall.

There's possibly room for tweaks if it makes it for a more pleasant experience, but I think in this case scrambling the old egg with a touch of vanilla has led to a cleaner and more interesting result (someone should try that in real life and tell us how gross it is).

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

See, part of the structural change was to divorce current events discussions generally with the inherent angry and bitter vibe of the old format. And aside from a few needless nonsubstantive call-outs here and there, I think the more "vanilla" format is working a whole lot better for that content so far. 

Instead of quarantining all the news topics and discussions and upset people, this format allows CE topics to flourish a little more and it allows people to not have to switch to a quarantine folder just because they want to post a one-off angry thread. So to the extent that there's no designated "angry folder" anymore and people are now free to be angry wherever appropriate, Noise is at the bottom as the catchall, and GD is at the bottom of the bottom because it's the catchall of the catchall.

There's possibly room for tweaks if it makes it for a more pleasant experience, but I think in this case scrambling the old egg with a touch of vanilla has led to a cleaner and more interesting result (someone should try that in real life and tell us how gross it is).

Ooh, let's try and trick the TikTok-ers, they'll do it.

• Haha 1