UnevenEdge

Shenmue Dojo interviews DeMarco about Shenmue the animation - Says don’t hold your breath for a Season 2

Jman

On 7/8/2022 at 4:14 PM, PokeNirvash said:

Eh, I'm still sticking with his "6 or 7 out of 10" comment from the AMA.

So Demarco contradicted himself yet again?  Also I thought he was going silent about Toonami behind the scenes stuff.  Did he change his mind about that?

On 7/8/2022 at 10:58 PM, Jman said:

To be fair, given Shenmue’s history, it’s kind of fitting.

still sucks because the other two originals ended at a spot where it was pretty much concluded anyways(You Could argue Fena could have had a second season but the creator wasn't interested)

where as shenmue S1 doesn't even have a satisfying stopping point and it's the one that impressed toonami

On 7/11/2022 at 5:17 AM, CountFrylock said:

still sucks because the other two originals ended at a spot where it was pretty much concluded anyways(You Could argue Fena could have had a second season but the creator wasn't interested)

where as shenmue S1 doesn't even have a satisfying stopping point and it's the one that impressed toonami

You now know how all those hardcore fans felt…especially after the trainwreck that was Shenmue 3.

It really is a shame.  I was hoping that a hypothetical S2 could make that game’s narrative into something that moved the plot forward, to say nothing of going beyond it.

• Like 1