UnevenEdge

More Guns to Protect Against Guns

1pooh4u

So as yous may or may not know NY’s CC laws were struck down as being unconstitutional.  For the last 100 years residents needed a reason other than self defense. Example a business owner, or a manager that carries huge amounts of cash for deposit would have cause. Now it’s as simple as “I just want to defend myself”

people are praising this decision and I think it’s disgusting. An ex cop said “well now maybe people will think twice before committing a crime against someone if they think they might have a gun”. Seriously?  Look, just no. All that will happen now is criminals will be more violent and be sure to press their gun firmly to your temple as they mug you. Even if you had a gun, how you gonna pull it out take the safety off and shoot before your head is blown off?

So far the Governor is saying she’s calling our legislators back into session to make laws banning CC from mass transit and near schools. I’m going to assume bars too because what’s worse than a drunk with a gun?  Two drunks with guns?  

total shit show. 

4 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

So as yous may or may not know NY’s CC laws were struck down as being unconstitutional.  For the last 100 years residents needed a reason other than self defense. Example a business owner, or a manager that carries huge amounts of cash for deposit would have cause. Now it’s as simple as “I just want to defend myself”

people are praising this decision and I think it’s disgusting. An ex cop said “well now maybe people will think twice before committing a crime against someone if they think they might have a gun”. Seriously?  Look, just no. All that will happen now is criminals will be more violent and be sure to press their gun firmly to your temple as they mug you. Even if you had a gun, how you gonna pull it out take the safety off and shoot before your head is blown off?

So far the Governor is saying she’s calling our legislators back into session to make laws banning CC from mass transit and near schools. I’m going to assume bars too because what’s worse than a drunk with a gun?  Two drunks with guns?  

total shit show. 

That cop will be singing a different tune when one of his buddies gets capped trying to pull someone over.  There is a reason the mayor of NYC is worried about this ruling.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

That cop will be singing a different tune when one of his buddies gets capped trying to pull someone over.  There is a reason the mayor of NYC is worried about this ruling.

Adams pretty much said anyone with a concealed gun is getting arrested 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Adams pretty much said anyone with a concealed gun is getting arrested 

In a day and age where cops on the whole have proven to be at best inept when it comes to dealing with dangerous situations, I don't think the NYPD has a choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

In a day and age where cops on the whole have proven to be at best inept when it comes to dealing with dangerous situations, I don't think the NYPD has a choice.

So many people will be shot dead by cops thinking anyone could have a gun. No good will come from this.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

The omnibus gun package was so over-the-top but towing the line Thomas articulated that they're basically daring the federal courts to start carving it up.

I was reading that it’s still going to be difficult to get a concealed carry. They want to see your social media and then you have to take some gun training classes.  There’s going to be a huge disparity between who gets the concealed carry and who doesn’t. I’m sure the classes won’t be free and who knows what someone’s social media would have to look like to be denied. For sure anyone posting violent or suicidal thoughts would be denied, but beyond the obvious idk what they’re looking for. 

I’m still fuming because it seems that the way they decided to overturn Roe v Wade was completely different than the decision to toss NY’s gun laws. The law stood for over 100 years how is that not tradition. The law was made when the NRA was still a sane organization