UnevenEdge

The incredible shrinking mammals

1938_Packard

We don't have any fourteen inch long adult horses yet.  The article claims that otherwise large mammals will be miniaturized.

We have ponies, which are significantly smaller than horses.

Honestly, though, we probably won't see an evolutionary change in cattle or other heavily bred species, since that's mostly controlled by humans and not nature.

Is your buffalo smaller than a mouse?  Blame it on your carbon footprint.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/watch-mammals-shrink-earth-heats-study-46150688

Insects won't shrink, just mammals.  What's a mouse sized buffalo going to do when it stumbles into a fire ant colony?.

Jesus Christ.  You really have the mind of a sixth grader.

No, I think he's retarded/senile enough to expect mouse-sized buffalo and giraffes within the next couple of years.

No, I'm pointing out the absurdity of the entire premise.  First, it was within human capacity to change climates and that led to people thinking they could even change evolution on such a grand scale.  These are the same "scientists" who think that some day, Manhattan will be completely submerged, like the Titanic.

No, I'm pointing out the absurdity of the entire premise.  First, it was within human capacity to change climates and that led to people thinking they could even change evolution on such a grand scale.  These are the same "scientists" who think that some day, Manhattan will be completely submerged, like the Titanic.

whut

-_'

:blank:

I like how your counter is "No, in fact I don't believe in anthropogenic climate change AT ALL!"

At least that like-minded retard Jingai will like your post

The only reason it's absurd is because you tried oversimplifying the process to make it easier (for presumably yourself) to understand.  The only thing you're pointing out is that you're apparently functionally retarded.

But we did change animals natural evolution on grand scales. Not so much wild animals, but domesticated animals evolved into completely different creatures since the environment is totally different.

But we did change animals natural evolution on grand scales. Not so much wild animals, but domesticated animals evolved into completely different creatures since the environment is totally different.

God put dogs here just like they are, to be our friends. If you think humans can control things like evolution and the environment you're absurd - Packard, Ginguy, and the entire Republican party

God put dogs here just like they are, to be our friends. If you think humans can control things like evolution and the environment you're absurd - Packard, Ginguy, and the entire Republican party

Actually,  I take back the "not so much wild" parts since we've introduced animals to areas they aren't native to and they *gasp* evolved with the environment.

Now look here, you quarrelsome couch waste, educate yourself before you say dumb shit.

Read this: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/when-texas-was-bottom-sea-180953653/

Actually,  I take back the "not so much wild" parts since we've introduced animals to areas they aren't native to and they *gasp* evolved with the environment.

Only God is big enough to affect the environment. Pollution resulting from human activity can't possibly affect something so big as the planet in any way noticeable by little old us. The activities of our species have no effect on ocean acidification or greenhouse gases. Any slight effect we do have can't affect something as big as climate. It's too big! There's only 7 billion of us! We small, planet big! It impossible.

- OP, Jingai, the Republicans, et al

Did man make that happen?

I don't know why I'm going to play this game with you. I must be a sadist so here it goes.

Millions of years ago when our atmosphere had more oxygen creatures were huge. Giant Sloths. Wooly Mammoths. A bunch of shit.

Through natural causes our atmosphere changed. Meteors struck the earth, volcanoes erupted putting the Earth in an ice age. Animals that could adapt did and we all know what happened to those that didn't.

There are both natural and man made causes to climate change. It makes sense that as we strip from the atmosphere necessary protections animals would adapt and get smaller because their larger bodies need more oxygen which we don't have.