UnevenEdge

Steve Blum, Voice of T.O.M, has caught COVID

I agree to a point. Ventilation systems not being up to snuff at convention centers is a big issue.

There should be a simple test that is available to con staff as part of their inspection of a venue that measures the circulation in the air.

Outdoor events have long been the exception to the rule that crowds are bad in a pandemic, but while fairly easy for concerts and certain sports, holding an entire con outside would be a logistical nightmare.

I recently got a pretty bad chest cold that I think I got from someone else at the grocery store where I work. (In other words, I have an actual job now! Sweet.) At first I thought it was just allergies, but then I felt pretty weak and congested. I took a test and thankfully it wasn't COVID, even though I always suspected it wasn't, but the thought of spreading it to anyone else, especially my family (we all have at least two shots, but I'm the only one with a booster) was pretty sobering. I've since worn a mask all the time the last two days I've worked, which should be the baseline for anyone who's sick but actually wants to do stuff. Though I'd probably draw the line at doing anything if I actually had COVID.

So yeah, good vibes to Steve and Keith. I think everybody's going through a lot right now, so a bit of awareness and corresponding empathy (in this case, consider the mask) is the key.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2022 at 3:25 PM, Sketch said:

I hope they both have a swift recovery with no long term damage. This is why conventions should not be in person for a while longer.

I haven't heard about wrestling shows, concerts, football games etc causing people to get covid in a while.  You think it is because of people milling around and greeting each other and not just sitting in seats?  I hope the Star Wars Celebration doesn't spread covid around.

• Like 1