UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Double-Shot Episodes 388 and 389 Discussion

https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden/my-first-friend

I just checked Anime Filler List.  It considers this and the next episode filler?  I'm pretty sure at least the beginning of this episode, before the flashbacks started, was canon.

But it gets worse either way.  390 is also labeled as filler, then there are three more canon episodes, then a whole slog of filler episodes from 394 to 413!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220508-011933_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ben0119
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah, I agree, I definitely see some Rukia in her design at this age.

Until her hair got longer just now haha.  I don't remember her looking like this.  Not sure if Hanabi was ever shown at this age in canon before or the filler just made it up.

• Like 1

Just now, rpgamer said:

If One Piece starts actually picking up pace, I say they oughtta swap out the double-eps over to Naruto to help burn through the next stretch of filler.

Toonami should just play double episodes of both instead of reruns.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Whatever happened to Hanabi anyway?

Still around but have we seen her at all outside of downtime filler after that one sparring match with Hinata?

I think we finally got to see her in those Boruto eps.

Edited by DangerMouse

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Taking those hits should have pushed Hinata to want to be a better fighter sooner, not just starting like 10 years later lol.

Don't you mean like 6 years?  I think the characters are around 12 when the main series starts, and the Chuunin Exams take place.  Then again I have no idea how old they're supposed to be here.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Don't you mean like 6 years?  I think the characters are around 12 when the main series starts, and the Chuunin Exams take place.  Then again I have no idea how old they're supposed to be here.

Yes, however long it was, like you said I've lost track of the timeline of their ages lol.

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Still around but have we seen her at all outside of downtime filler after that one sparring match with Hinata?

I think we finally got to see her in those Boruto eps.

I have no idea.  I'd have to check a wiki, but then I can't avoid the most current events which would be spoilers haha.  Not that I care that much about spoilers with this show, but still.

Yeah I know Hanabi was in Boruto.

I might be wrong but I feel like this is yet another character that was mostly forgotten about.