UnevenEdge

One Piece Episodes 547-548 Discussion

i regret binge watching this years ago because now I'm just left with an hour of toonami content i couldn't be bothered to watch

not only because it's very old to me but because I'm well aware of this story arc's crap pacing

but how was i suppose to know one day this would return?...maybe i should have

• Confused 1

Just now, CountFrylock said:

i regret binge watching this years ago because now I'm just left with an hour of toonami content i couldn't be bothered to watch

not only because it's very old to me but because I'm well aware of this story arc's crap pacing

but how was i suppose to know one day this would return?...maybe i should have

There's no way in hell anyone could have predicted One Piece would come back.  The chances were slim to none!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

There's no way in hell anyone could have predicted One Piece would come back.  The chances were slim to none!

yeah and as such i had no issues binge watching it back then....but now i regret it

when i already know how things play out and how bad the pacing gets i have no desire to go through it again

Edited by CountFrylock

i mean one piece at it's core just isn't good at 1-2 episodes per week  you need to watch more than that...especially when you factor in flashbacks and what I'd like to call "Super Padding"

If i had a dollar for every time there was a pointless crowd shot featuring comments from the nameless peanut gallery I'd probably be filthy rich and I'm not joking

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

yeah and as such i had no issues binge watching it back then....but now i regret it

when i already know how things play out and how bad the pacing gets i have no desire to go through it again

Well I just happened to binge up through 512, before stopping for some unknown reason.  So when it came back I only had to watch a few more to catch up to where Toonami picked things back up.  So it worked out pretty well for me.

But I don't blame you for not wanting re-watch it if you already know what happens and don't like the pacing.  

I finally got fed up with Hunter x Hunter and dropped it during the Heaven's Tower arc.  It takes a lot for me to drop a show, but that show managed to do it, with unlikable characters and directionless plot where it felt like nothing happened.  I was then left with a half hour of dead time I had to kill haha.  An hour would be a lot worse. 

Of course, it works out a lot better if the show you are skipping is at the beginning or end of the block.  Don't tell me you are watching Shippuden?  LOL.

2 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Well I just happened to binge up through 512, before stopping for some unknown reason.  So when it came back I only had to watch a few more to catch up to where Toonami picked things back up.  So it worked out pretty well for me.

But I don't blame you for not wanting re-watch it if you already know what happens and don't like the pacing.  

I finally got fed up with Hunter x Hunter and dropped it during the Heaven's Tower arc.  It takes a lot for me to drop a show, but that show managed to do it, with unlikable characters and directionless plot where it felt like nothing happened.  I was then left with a half hour of dead time I had to kill haha.  An hour would be a lot worse. 

Of course, it works out a lot better if the show you are skipping is at the beginning or end of the block.  Don't tell me you are watching Shippuden?  LOL.

I Just want more stuff for me to look forward to on toonami....but right now that's just AC(which only has a couple episodes left)and lupin

Naruto is usually background noise for me