UnevenEdge

One Piece Episodes 547-548 Discussion

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

i mean one piece at it's core just isn't good at 1-2 episodes per week  you need to watch more than that...especially when you factor in flashbacks and what I'd like to call "Super Padding"

If i had a dollar for every time there was a pointless crowd shot featuring comments from the nameless peanut gallery I'd probably be filthy rich and I'm not joking

There was a term to describe those characters in classical theatre but I can't remember what it was.  They give exposition and help explain what's going on to the audience.

Ah, my hunch was right.  It was the Greek Chorus haha.

https://www.britannica.com/art/chorus-theatre

Edited by ben0119

Bad move, Shirahoshi.

Shirahoshi needs to hurry up and learn how to use the power!

Yeah Luffy is not going to stay out of the fight LOL.

Great now you two are going to fight?!

I'm not sure Sanji and Nami sitting on the sidelines is a good idea, though.  You guys need all the help you can get!  And who is going to take down all those Fishman Pirates?

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

How in the world is she so big!?

Maybe mermaids have indeterminate growth like some fish species?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indeterminate_growth

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Almost like he's the avatar of this show's viewership!

No way, that backstory was captivating!

4 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

I Just want more stuff for me to look forward to on toonami....but right now that's just AC(which only has a couple episodes left)and lupin

Naruto is usually background noise for me

Well it slim pickings for everyone now.  We got uninspiring replacements for the shows that ended.  I don't need to see Bebop for the 50 thousandth time.  Don't really want to re-watch Primal either.  I'll watch Shenmue again since I am a fan of the games and enjoyed the series, but I'd rather have something new and just have the option to re-watch Shenmue on my own if I wanted.

• Like 2