UnevenEdge

Crouching Kitty, Hidden Weirdo...

katt_goddess

...she is going to be back to watching all the people soon.

Story time. A few week's ago, the sump pumps in the building failed and my apartment experienced the moist. >.< All the moist. But I didn't lose all that much because I've been prepared for this sort of crap since I first moved in - most of the stuff in the line of most obvious fire along the outer wall are either plastic, mobile in a moment, or a little of both giving me the time I need to actually move all the things. So only two items were considered a total loss in the end. A bookcase in the bedroom that was just close enough [ and cheap enough ] to the actual creeping water acted like a sponge. It was 20 years old and all the books in it were fine. It's already been replaced with a slightly better one and completely stuffed.

The other casualty was bitchcake's cat tree in the living room. :( Her old kitty arthritis had been keeping her from jumping to the top for a bit now but the meds she's now on have been pepping her up. She'd been making it to the third platform just to survey the room and feel important. Now it's gone - too much moist, couldn't even donate it to a shelter for kittens to destroy. She's been going into the empty space where it was and staring at me. 

She's getting an upgrade. She just doesn't know it yet.

See the source image

Ramp to a soft hammock. Easily reached multi-levels. Plush sleep nests that shouldn't hurt her joints when jumping down. The highest level should put her almost eye-to-beak with the feeder outside so once that can be filled again, she'll have afternoons filled with one eye open naps to watch her favorite show [ the birds are used to it, she's been in the window for 13 years now after all ] . All the spoiled. 

Anyone else want to post their pet castles?

Discuss!...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tricolor said:

My cat just shreds holes into my couches

Mine power pissed all over it when she had a bladder infection so now we don't have a couch. More space for books. 

She did destroy the last recliner but she has kept the claws to herself since I got a new one. 

She's not big on scratching things, she gets her claws clipped when they get too long.