UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 373-374 Discussion

StarPanda

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i've always been the type to  assume technology andpractices improve with time, so japan's insistence in series like these that the ancients were inherently stronger always throws me off a bit

I guess it's because the current Shinobi era is peaceful so the ninjas got complacent.

2 minutes ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i've heard tell that Kishimoto wanted to make sakura more competent but that whenever he sprinkled seeds of that into the story, the manga's popularity plummeted sharply

I don't really buy it.

I think that was an excuse. I think the ratings were effected more because she was done so badly that every time he sprinkled one of those seeds it came out of nowhere since all her fighting progress was off screen with no on screen training.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

i've heard tell that Kishimoto wanted to make sakura more competent but that whenever he sprinkled seeds of that into the story, the manga's popularity plummeted sharply

I don't buy it.  Kishimoto admitted he sucks at writing women because he can't relate to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Gotta try and explain how Sakura's actually fighting on a field with Naruto and Sasuke lol

But we were already shown her training and the results of it.  She just... didn't do much after the fight with the puppet guy.

6 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

But we were already shown her training and the results of it.  She just... didn't do much after the fight with the puppet guy.

We never really saw her actual training, but yeah we did see the results of it at the beginning of Shippuden during the second bell test. But we never saw any progression of her fighting prowess from puppet guy until now.

Edited by DangerMouse