UnevenEdge

yugioh master duel

CountFrylock

i think this is probably the best free to play game I've played in a very long time....spending money is optional as you can build a somewhat competent deck just by playing the game and acquiring currency over time

there's also a crafting system where you get rid of cards you don't want to craft ones you do want

Edited by CountFrylock

5 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

i think this is probably the best free to play game I've played in a very long time....spending money is optional as you can build a somewhat competent just by playing the game and acquiring currency over time

there's also a crafting system where you get rid of cards you don't want to craft ones you do want

Coming from playing YGOPro, the biggest thing for me is Dragun of Red-Eyes is banned. I hate that card tremendously, and it was overplayed in YGOPro.

This game is better than that one, but it still runs into the same issues associated with modern YGO, where your opponents turns online can easily last 5 minutes, them cycling through 15 different monsters. I find it hilarious where with my first turn (depending on which deck I'm using) only summon out a few monsters at the most, then through down 1 or more face downs, trying to keep my turn at a reasonable length, then its my opponents turn where it drags on forever. My absolute favorite is when it's my opponents turn, and they spend 5 minutes setting up their field. Then when it's my turn, it'll be "okay, I activate a spell card-" "no, you don't". I'll then go to use another card effect, but they'll have another card to negate that effect. I'll then try summoning out a monster, and they'll immediately have an effect ready to either destroy it or block its effect, preventing me from possibly special summoning something else out. So I'm forced to end my turn with 1 or 2 cards at most, while they have 5 different monsters with 3000+ attack.

I seriously hate modern YGO and think it's cancer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 12:24 PM, CountFrylock said:

it's too bad the ghost trick deck type sucks so much(at least until they get the ghost trick link monster...)

I have a ghostrick deck irl and I really do like it a lot. I had to buy the JP cards for the link monster. I really do like the deck, but in this game it only goes so far. If my opponent uses shit like skill drain or anything similar, or makes heavy use of link monsters (which can't be flipped face down), then this deck isn't that effective.

I also have a Dragonmaid deck that I do like, but it runs into the same issue, especially since everyone uses those hand trap religiously, and spends 15 minutes setting up their side to nope the fuck out of everything you even attempt to do (I have had games that have easily lasted over 10 minutes, where at the end, my opponent legit only has like 10 cards left in their deck)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing for a month and I think the biggest detriment is you can tell Konami's strategy is "Give them a lot of currency in the beginning, then drop the rewards like a rock." For ranked, you don't even get lower tier rewards if you start in a higher tier for the new season. This has caused people to get highest rank, then purposely lose so they'll drop.

There's also not much to do at the moment. You can ranked duel, friend duel, and there's limited solo content, but that's it.

4 hours ago, PenguinBoss said:

I've been playing for a month and I think the biggest detriment is you can tell Konami's strategy is "Give them a lot of currency in the beginning, then drop the rewards like a rock." For ranked, you don't even get lower tier rewards if you start in a higher tier for the new season. This has caused people to get highest rank, then purposely lose so they'll drop.

There's also not much to do at the moment. You can ranked duel, friend duel, and there's limited solo content, but that's it.

The game is such a fucking joke. Konami doesn't reward you worth shit in the game, them wanting everyone to run and grab their credit cards.

The daily login bonus alone is only 20 gems, it taking 100 for a single pack. The current ranked season ended, and I was at Gold II or I when it ended, and I started just now back at Silver V. Typically in my experience with competitive games, usually they give you some kind of reward at the end of a ranked season, depending on where you finished at. Master Duels on the other hands is all "Aight, now do it again". I don't have the skill or luck to go beyond Gold, so starting at Silver V, with 100 gems they reward you for ranking up from the first time, if I can make it to Gold I that's legit only a 1000 gems I can earn in a one month duration.

11 minutes ago, DBAss said:

The game is such a fucking joke. Konami doesn't reward you worth shit in the game, them wanting everyone to run and grab their credit cards.

The daily login bonus alone is only 20 gems, it taking 100 for a single pack. The current ranked season ended, and I was at Gold II or I when it ended, and I started just now back at Silver V. Typically in my experience with competitive games, usually they give you some kind of reward at the end of a ranked season, depending on where you finished at. Master Duels on the other hands is all "Aight, now do it again". I don't have the skill or luck to go beyond Gold, so starting at Silver V, with 100 gems they reward you for ranking up from the first time, if I can make it to Gold I that's legit only a 1000 gems I can earn in a one month duration.

I will play devil's advocate and say that Master Duel rewards as you rank up instead of at the end, so it's not for nothing. But it's pretty meh that it's just the in-game currency.

Currently, there's really not much to the game, so I find myself just doing dailies then logging off. There's already been a massive drop in the player base, so I hope they do something.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2022 at 1:07 AM, PenguinBoss said:

I got tired of seeing the same meta decks in PVP, so I uninstalled it 2 weeks ago.

At the lower ranks, all you're gonna see is blue eyes, hero fusion, and Pendelums......When you get to the higher ranks, you'll see a lot more interesting customs......You'll also see a lot of opening turn exploits that will just make you quit if you go second....And if you're doing friendly duels with no limited or forbiddens, just hang it up......That's just not fun.

All in all....It's Yugioh.....It's never gonna be fresh again but I still enjoy it.....Haven't played much because of elden ring but I have a few select friends that keeps the dueling interesting.

• 1 year later...