UnevenEdge

More Anime Is Moving To Disney

The1gairon

Disney xD already had Doreomon and Yokai Watch for the past 2 years or so.  Then last year we heard they got the rights to air any and all Pokemon animation!  Now with new promo bumps they announced they ALSO have one of the many Beyblade shows?!  AND they're teaming up with a studio to produce an original anime title?? 

Why did all the kid-oriented anime go from CN to Disney? 

Remember when Disney tried a few times to get anime on their stations and they didn't last (Shippudden)?  Clearly their management has a different outlook on anime now, and they are aggressively pushing their programming in a new direction.  I'm just wondering if there is press releases that provide insight or reasons that I am just missing in all this.

Disney xD already had Doreomon and Yokai Watch for the past 2 years or so.  Then last year we heard they got the rights to air any and all Pokemon animation!  Now with new promo bumps they announced they ALSO have one of the many Beyblade shows?!  AND they're teaming up with a studio to produce an original anime title?? 

Why did all the kid-oriented anime go from CN to Disney? 

Remember when Disney tried a few times to get anime on their stations and they didn't last (Shippudden)?  Clearly their management has a different outlook on anime now, and they are aggressively pushing their programming in a new direction.  I'm just wondering if there is press releases that provide insight or reasons that I am just missing in all this.

I'm curious when Kid oriented Anime became a thing again frankly

when 4kids and Saban went under all that were left was Funimation, Viz and Sentai and Sentai barely produces dubs and Viz and Funi don't usually dub kid friendly shows and when they do they try to turn them into Japanese versions of South park by adding sex jokes and profanity

I'm curious when Kid oriented Anime became a thing again frankly

when 4kids and Saban went under all that were left was Funimation, Viz and Sentai and Sentai barely produces dubs and Viz and Funi don't usually dub kid friendly shows and when they do they try to turn them into Japanese versions of South park by adding sex jokes and profanity

Well there's a Power Rangers movie coming. I bet Disney will strike some deal with Saban about a new show to air on their Disney xD block if that becomes a hit too.

was gonna go to bed but had to log back in to say something that popped into my head

I realize Viz signed an exclusivity deal with Hulu for Sailor Moon

but that was 2 years ago, and since then Hulu changed the way the operate

Disney has a show coming out that has both a Gay character and the WHOLE plot of the show focuses around Teen pregnancy...so I don't think Lesbians would be a deal breaker for any shows they might license

Disney might try to license Sailor Moon now, since Toonami doesn't want it

I just noticed something slightly funny about Disney xD's broadcast of Pokemon

the entire opening is darkened and slowed down.....apparently Disney is holding the Seizure incident from the 90's against them to an extent that even Warner Bros. never did, despite the fact that Shopro already took measures to prevent triggering any Seizures again (namely doing away with strobe effects forever as of the Gen 3 anime)

I just noticed something slightly funny about Disney xD's broadcast of Pokemon

the entire opening is darkened and slowed down.....apparently Disney is holding the Seizure incident from the 90's against them to an extent that even Warner Bros. never did, despite the fact that Shopro already took measures to prevent triggering any Seizures again (namely doing away with strobe effects forever as of the Gen 3 anime)

R you sure they slowed it down because of the seizures that happened eons ago? Japan has a restrictive rule in broadcasting that anything that is too bright on-screen has to be dimmed down in lightness.  You see it in anime openings, and action sequences all the time now.

R you sure they slowed it down because of the seizures that happened eons ago? Japan has a restrictive rule in broadcasting that anything that is too bright on-screen has to be dimmed down in lightness.  You see it in anime openings, and action sequences all the time now.

when the show was airing on CN it didn't look like that, so yes I'm sure

Squeenix decided not to make it because they didn't like the fact that it wasn't a 100% shot for shot faithful adaption of the game

Well it contains the word "Disney" in the pitch, which automatically means "we'll edit everything high heaven", so I honestly have no idea what the hell they were expecting.

Well it contains the word "Disney" in the pitch, which automatically means "we'll edit everything high heaven", so I honestly have no idea what the hell they were expecting.

the Kingdom Hearts Manga is also not a faithful adaption but they were fine with that for some reason

Disney is trying to market more towards geek culture.  Why? Because it's a demographic that is more prone to buy merchandise than most others.  They are a little late to the game on it, but truthfully they are the only ones really playing ball with a day time anime slot.

Also to take into account that TV has been dying. It's not worth the effort to make a new IP for disney. It's easier and often cheaper to just buy the rights to an anime than it is to invest into something new.

Lastly Disney doesn't want to be the soapbox for western animators that is going on at the moment. Steven Universe goes without saying, Clarence became an insert social event issue of the week type show and gay background character of the day, Adventure Time got so into pandering agendas that it overshadowed the adventure aspect and ultimately killed the show. Seriously no kid wants to watch 6 episodes of the main hero that they are supposed to connect with being depressed rejected constantly and having kiss sex rape allegory episodes. We bear bares is just social commentary on hipster culture,  Gumball became millennial and internet satire, etc.  The shows are often overshooting their target demographic audience.

You know what doesn't do that kinda stuff all the time and can be checked or edited in advance? Anime! It's not going to have retro 90s jokes, political agendas, or the plights of the misunderstood snowflake liberal arts major either.

Disney is trying to market more towards geek culture.  Why? Because it's a demographic that is more prone to buy merchandise than most others.  They are a little late to the game on it, but truthfully they are the only ones really playing ball with a day time anime slot.

Also to take into account that TV has been dying. It's not worth the effort to make a new IP for disney. It's easier and often cheaper to just buy the rights to an anime than it is to invest into something new.

Lastly Disney doesn't want to be the soapbox for western animators that is going on at the moment. Steven Universe goes without saying, Clarence became an insert social event issue of the week type show and gay background character of the day, Adventure Time got so into pandering agendas that it overshadowed the adventure aspect and ultimately killed the show. Seriously no kid wants to watch 6 episodes of the main hero that they are supposed to connect with being depressed rejected constantly and having kiss sex rape allegory episodes. We bear bares is just social commentary on hipster culture,  Gumball became millennial and internet satire, etc.  The shows are often overshooting their target demographic audience.

You know what doesn't do that kinda stuff all the time and can be checked or edited in advance? Anime! It's not going to have retro 90s jokes, political agendas, or the plights of the misunderstood snowflake liberal arts major either.

They made Wreck-It Ralph.  Youtube letsplayers have appeared in their shows and do content for Maker.  The got a ton of anime.  .... a-they are trying to attract geek viewers.

I agree that each network seems to have their own thing to offer, and I believe they each know this so they don't try to overtake a subject matter or theme.  This extends into movie studios too (ex: it's why you never see Dreamworks make movies based on fairy tales). 

They made Wreck-It Ralph.  Youtube letsplayers have appeared in their shows and do content for Maker.  The got a ton of anime.  .... a-they are trying to attract geek viewers.

I agree that each network seems to have their own thing to offer, and I believe they each know this so they don't try to overtake a subject matter or theme.  This extends into movie studios too (ex: it's why you never see Dreamworks make movies based on fairy tales).

Not to mention Star Wars, and all the comic book marvel shows. They are really trying to pander to geek culture.

Admittedly even if Disney IS somewhat less squeamish about LGBT characters now, Sailor Moon could still never air on a Kid's network like Disney xD

because of this monster

ep96-2.jpg

that is in fact her entire tit she is flashing, her nipple is a black star but still