UnevenEdge

A Final Fantasy IX animated series for kids has been greenlit

3ngag3

IX is also a weird one to adapt into a children’s film considering how it hid much of its darker themes of loss and acceptance underneath it’s cutesy visuals.

I think VIII, X-2, and maybe V have been the closest Square has gotten to a FF that didn’t explore the main characters dealing with their own mortality. 

But between this and the World Ends with You anime, it is interesting how animation is mining through older Square properties nowadays. 

12 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-06-21/final-fantasy-ix-game-to-get-animated-series/.174255

On the one hand, the art style for the game has that kids show look.

On the other hand, Final Fantasy stories have always been a bit dark, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I mean, I was playing FFIV (aka II) on my SNES before I was even 10 years old...

YOU SPOONY BARD.

FF4 made me an RPG fan. It was so far beyond anything else I'd ever seen at the time it was ridiculous. 

Dragon Warrior was my first experience. It was nice but it didn't have much of a plot and it was so cryptic.

On 6/21/2021 at 6:17 PM, Chapinator_X said:

IX is also a weird one to adapt into a children’s film considering how it hid much of its darker themes of loss and acceptance underneath it’s cutesy visuals.

I think VIII, X-2, and maybe V have been the closest Square has gotten to a FF that didn’t explore the main characters dealing with their own mortality. 

But between this and the World Ends with You anime, it is interesting how animation is mining through older Square properties nowadays. 

I would veto anything having to do with xferring 9 to other forms of media. The plot is ridiculously convoluted. 

• Confused 1