UnevenEdge

with no toonami ratings being reported anymore

some think that's good because now we can just watch the block without worrying about stupid little numbers that are irrelevant to us......

but to me since The MHA Promotion was vaguely hinted at being a test(depending on well it does in viewership numbers)

being completely left in the dark on the performance of it isn't good at all

I Don't like The Nielsen Ratings System but it was the only numbers we had public access to regarding toonami

and now without those numbers We now depend on whatever info jason demarco feels like tweeting

55 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

the website that typically posts toonami ratings went down several weeks ago and has yet to return as anything more than an archive site

LOL are you talking Showbuzz Daily?  They made a total boomer goof mistake.  They never backed up their website!  It's making it hard to get some ratings for wrestling too.  Funny shit.

9 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

What the hell ever happened to Son of the Bronx?

Did he leave Programming Insider and is he now working for some other site?

According to Bronx, the networks have cracked down on ratings data so Programming Insider doesn't post Saturday cable ratings anymore.

ShowBuzzDaily supposedly still gets the info but they borked their website and haven't been able to post anything for weeks.

It might be the end of an era but rather than fret about things all we need to do is watch the block, talk about it on social media (especially when it's airing) and let other people know the block is airing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

According to Bronx, the networks have cracked down on ratings data so Programming Insider doesn't post Saturday cable ratings anymore.

ShowBuzzDaily supposedly still gets the info but they borked their website and haven't been able to post anything for weeks.

It might be the end of an era but rather than fret about things all we need to do is watch the block, talk about it on social media (especially when it's airing) and let other people know the block is airing.

i think a lot of people on twitter think there's more power in hashtags than there actually is

and honestly it's probably best to realize 99.9% of us have very little effect on what happens to toonami and it's shows

we can hashtag all we want and get dozens of people to start watching the block regularly

but the chances that those choices would significantly impact the block are relatively low

Edited by CountFrylock

Okay, so from what I can gather, Toonami actually hasn't changed how and if they make rating information available, but some third-party site that has no official affiliation with Toonami has gone down for unrelated reasons and is no longer reporting on it. Is that the issue?

Not every single minor problem that's vaguely related to the block is some dark harbinger of impending doom.

wPdM7Ng.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, EmpressAngel said:

Okay, so from what I can gather, Toonami actually hasn't changed how and if they make rating information available, but some third-party site that has no official affiliation with Toonami has gone down for unrelated reasons and is no longer reporting on it. Is that the issue?

Not every single minor problem that's vaguely related to the block is some dark harbinger of impending doom.

wPdM7Ng.png

who said it was a dark harbinger of impending doom for the block?

nowhere did i even imply in this topic that i think this means toonami's gonna be canceled or that any show will soon be removed out of nowhere

just that the site in question was the only one reporting on toonami numbers and without them we just have to assume MHA will remain the lead show for Season 5

despite the fact it's promotion is a test...a test we have no idea if it's failing or succeeding

Jason Demarco insisted that DBS Reruns wouldn't budge as the lead show in a interview not too long ago before The Schedule change was made

we have no idea what caused Team Toonami to suddenly abandon DBS as the lead show after making it clear time and time again it wasn't going anywhere

Edited by CountFrylock

I am finding limited cable ratings online for wrestling shows. It's not Toonami, but it's SOMETHING!

AEW drew 526K on Friday night, May 28th at 10 PM, its lowest rating ever. But June 4th's numbers in Week 2 of NBA Preemption look to be even lower. However, AEW gets its normal Wednesday night timeslot back this week so numbers may improve.

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 4:38 AM, CountFrylock said:

i think a lot of people on twitter think there's more power in hashtags than there actually is

and honestly it's probably best to realize 99.9% of us have very little effect on what happens to toonami and it's shows

we can hashtag all we want and get dozens of people to start watching the block regularly

but the chances that those choices would significantly impact the block are relatively low

We're not nearly as powerless as you think.

In current times most (legal) viewership is counted in some manner. It's not as cut and dry as "Nielsen or nothing" anymore but a good many slim packages have data collected specifically by Nielsen unless you choose to opt out of data collection.

And trending on social media absolutely is a metric that matters. It's how Jason and can show his bosses tangible evidence that a lot of people are engaging in the block every week.

If we're all in agreement that cable ratings data has shown a steady decline but can also see that Toonami has been granted funds to produce original content and continue to acquire popular anime, you gotta figure they can see the viewership that isn't apparent in the cable ratings data that is posted publicly. Adult Swim doesn't tend to throw money at sinking ships. So have a little faith that your viewership does matter.

• Thanks 3