UnevenEdge

Testing folder access

Admin

I am testing accessibility to the Media Bastards section.  am about to do some tests that should not interfere with anyone who is currently registered's access or ability to post in the section.

BUT it does involve implementing the ability to ban individual users from posting in a single section.

If it works, no one should have their ability to post/reply interrupted.  so carry on as normal.

If it doesn't, you will find you can no longer access or post in the Media sections, if this happens, please PM and let me know.

this is basically an additional step set up to keep spambots from posting on the board.  Basically there's an invisible rank for each section.  And, once I configure it, nobody without that invisible rank can post in the section.  All current users have said invisible ranks.  And those ranks must be manually assigned.  So - for example if a spambot logs in with a new name and somehow slips past our detection measures, they still won't be able to post (in theory) unless/until they receive the special rank.

this will also help with general community/board harassment issues.  A user that is becoming unglued (just as a RANDOM EXAMPLE) for some reason, all we have to do is disable their permission to access the section.  And either they'll calm down and we can restore said permission, or they don't and they won't.

This test is only for the Media sections atm (including Toonami and Anime).  I'll be running it shortly.  Let me know if it works or not.

I am testing accessibility to the Media Bastards section.  am about to do some tests that should not interfere with anyone who is currently registered's access or ability to post in the section.

BUT it does involve implementing the ability to ban individual users from posting in a single section.

If it works, no one should have their ability to post/reply interrupted.  so carry on as normal.

If it doesn't, you will find you can no longer access or post in the Media sections, if this happens, please PM and let me know.

this is basically an additional step set up to keep spambots from posting on the board.  Basically there's an invisible rank for each section.  And, once I configure it, nobody without that invisible rank can post in the section.  All current users have said invisible ranks.  And those ranks must be manually assigned.  So - for example if a spambot logs in with a new name and somehow slips past our detection measures, they still won't be able to post (in theory) unless/until they receive the special rank.

this will also help with general community/board harassment issues.  A user that is becoming unglued (just as a RANDOM EXAMPLE) for some reason, all we have to do is disable their permission to access the section.  And either they'll calm down and we can restore said permission, or they don't and they won't.

This test is only for the Media sections atm (including Toonami and Anime).  I'll be running it shortly.  Let me know if it works or not.

please don't ban me from this folder

the only way we'd ban anybody from the section is if they just went crazy and started typing in all caps that everyone should die and they hate everybody and suck it because we can't ban them because they'll just come back etc etc. 

so it should almost never come up because who acts like that?

the only way we'd ban anybody from the section is if they just went crazy and started typing in all caps that everyone should die and they hate everybody and suck it because we can't ban them because they'll just come back etc etc. 

so it should almost never come up because who acts like that?

::]::

...............also gotcha :P

Oh you wanna try me?

FUCK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.

Go ahead and ban the shit out of me. You think that'll stop me? im fucking MOOSE motherfucker. I'll always be back.

ok i will test it out then.  let me know if you can see/access the media section after I do this... (might not work, hopefully it does)

Oh you wanna try me?

FUCK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS.

Go ahead and ban the shit out of me. You think that'll stop me? im fucking MOOSE motherfucker. I'll always be back.

well I can sliently remove your threads from here until you calm down

I was kinda trying to stay away from banning on this forum.  but - it's tough when a user is literally like - threatening people and saying that he'll just continue to act like a crazy person.

so - I guess there's really no sane reason not to ban him.

at the very least, it'll log him out and I can see if it works on newer SNs like it's supposed to.

I was kinda trying to stay away from banning on this forum.  but - it's tough when a user is literally like - threatening people and saying that he'll just continue to act like a crazy person.

at the very least, it'll log him out and I can see if it works on newer SNs like it's supposed to.

so first user to actually be banned is moose?

I thought it wasn't going to happen unless it was a must

tumblr_ojf72iRAty1v312ebo1_500.gif

I mean, now that One Piece is leaving Toonami, he basically has no reason to keep posting on these boards. His mission has been completed, and it was done in relative style.

I'm just so happy that Luuv finally banned moose, now I can watch Toonami without a homophobic clod telling me to stop being so Gay  :)